How to Free Download Gmail Data to Computer?
If you are using Google’s services then know that Google has an option to copy your Gmail Data, your Google Drive data, your search history, YouTube history, and more. Google Takeout is the option that download Gmail data to computer freely.
Easily download a copy of your Gmail data with Google Takeout. However, Google Takeout gives you MBOX files for Gmail and VCF for contacts, iCal for calendars, and many more formats. This is a great option for downloading a copy of Google services.
Before proceeding with Google Takeout working, first, know about what is Google Takeout service.
Also Read: How to Export Emails from Google Workspace?
What is Google Takeout Service?
Google Takeout, also known as Download Your Data service, is a Google Data Liberation Front project that allows Google users to download all products such as Google Drive, YouTube, and Gmail to a downloadable archive format (.zip or .tgz).
Google Takeout service is only best for free user accounts of Google. If you have a free account and you want to move with other email services or email clients. Then this will help you to download all data and then move.
Refer: How to Import Google Takeout to Gmail?
Complete Process to Free Download Gmail Data
Now it’s easy to download all Gmail data into safe file formats .zip or .tgz. Google Takeout services allow users to take data from a single Gmail account at a time.
Follow the steps to download Gmail data to computer:
- First Step: Login into Google Takeout Service Page
- Second Step: Select All Data or As Per Your Requirement, Click on Next Step
- Third Step: In Customize Archive Format Option Select Delivery Method: By Email, Add to Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box
- Fourth Step: To Download Gmail Data to Computer, Select Send Download Link via Email
- Fifth Step: Next Select Download File Type: .zip or .tgz and Archive Size: 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 10 GB or 50 GB. Then Click on Create Archive Option
- Sixth Step: Finally Archive Progress Message will Appear.
Once Google Takeout downloads all your data then you will receive an email on your Gmail account with a download link. It will take time to create an archive of your Gmail account. Google Takeout has many limitations, let’s have a look.
Read Also: How to Save Gmail Email to Hard Drive?
Limitations of Google Takeout Service
Google Takeout is a free service to download Gmail data to computer but has many limitations. Let’s have a look:
- Google Takeout service does not allow downloading Gmail files that belong to others user account (not yours).
- Any folders which is shared with you in Google Drive, cannot be downloaded with Google Takeout service.
- Google Takeout set limit to download data is 2 to 3 per day. Creating a Google Takeout archive for Gmail is limited to a maximum of three attempts per day and a maximum of seven per week.
- Downloading data using Google Takeout may sometimes fail due to internet, virus attack or any other reasons. This makes this service unreliable.
- Whan you select the .tgz format to download Gmail data, the maximum for downloading archives is 50 GB per day.
- If your Gmail data is large you may face failure. You cannot download large files or folder of Gmail account.
- Google Takeout set limit for multiple user account. You cannot download Gmail data to computer of batch user accounts at once.
As you see the limitations of the Google Takeout service. If Google Takeout is not useful then what to do now?
Refer: How to Import Gmail Backup to Office 365 User Account?
Best Solution to Download Gmail Data to Computer
If Google Takeout is not the best option then only one solution you can trust on and look forward. Free Download Gmail Backup Tool to download Gmail data to computer in multiple formats on Windows and Mac operating systems.
This software is available for Windows OS 11, 10, 8, 7 version and Mac 10.8 OS X and above versions. It allows users to download their Gmail data, including email folders, contacts, calendars, documents from Google Drive, and more. Multiple Gmail accounts data can be downloaded into various file formats.
Get Solution to Solve Unable to Delete Emails from Gmail Issue
Google Takeout definitely the best and free service but also has many limitations. Only suitable to download a single user account data with a limited mailbox size. It is highly recommended to use the suggested professional solution for an error-free download process. Now easily download Gmail data to your computer.