How to Save Email From Office 365 Webmail to Desktop? Detailed Explanation with Multiple Export Options
“I am using Outlook 365 for managing my emails. I have to send the reporting of email data with attachments to the client, and there are tons of emails in my Outlook 365 account. Is there any quick way on how to save email from Office 365 webmail to desktop, so that I can report them quickly? It would be ideal if you help me out.”
Well! from the question you get a thought of today’s subject i.e. how to save Office 365 emails to desktop. I have seen a lot of clients confronting inconvenience in saving email from Office 365 Webmail and today we will talk about the same. We will discuss different options we have for saving emails from Office 365.
Let’s discuss the step-by-step solution for the user query
5 Steps to Save Email from Office 365 to Desktop
- Step 1. Download and run the application on your PC.
- Step 2. Select Office 365 and Outlook as platforms.
- Step 3. Enable desired mailbox workload and set filter.
- Step 4. Login with credentials and set the destination location.
- Step 5. Create mapping, select users, and click on export.
How to Save Email from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop Local Computer?
We have a number of choices in which we can save Outlook 365 data. It could be saved on any drive path on the client’s machine. You can export your Office 365 mailbox as PST, HTML, PDF, OneDrive, etc.
Let us discuss this in brief.
Save Office 365 Emails to PST Format Using Outlook
Exporting emails to Personal storage files i.e. PST is one of the standout approaches clients use to save their Outlook 365 data. As you all know Outlook automatically creates a PST file for the mailbox. Let us discuss the process of saving Office 365 emails to desktop:
Note – Installation of Outlook is necessary.
- Configure your O365 account on MS Outlook
- Click File –> Import & Export
- Click on Export to a File under Import & Export Wizard
- Select the Outlook data file to transfer the content of the mailbox onto the PST File
- Tick the box which is next to Include SubFolders
- Hit Finish.
What if You Want to Save Bulk Emails or Save Selected?
Make a Smart Move!
Well, there is no such proficient approach to save bulk Outlook emails from Office 365. When you save multiple PST files, the folder hierarchy is not maintained. Also, there is a PST file size limitation in an earlier version of Outlook. In that case, you can go for a quick and reliable solution i.e. Office 365 Export Tool to save single as well as multiple emails of O365 to a desktop.
Some highlighting features of the software are:
- Save emails, contacts, calendars, etc. along with the attachments associated with them.
- Provision to save multiple user accounts mailboxes using mapping option.
- Save Outlook 365 emails in PST, EML, MSG, MBOX & PDF file format.
- Maintain proper folder hierarchy with no modification to the original data.
- Provides the Date-Filter option so that you can specify the date range & export selected emails from O365.
Also Read: How to Migrate Domain Data From One Office 365 Tenant to Another? Tips
Detailed Software Steps to Download Emails from Outlook 365 Webmail
Step 1. Download, install, and launch the software on your Windows computer from the below buttons.
Step 2. Now from the main screen, you have to choose Office 365 as the source platform and Outlook as the destination platform. Moving to the workload selection screen you have to choose the items that you want to download from Outlook 365 webmail. Click on the Next button.
Step 3. Use Office 365 admin credentials to log into the software and click on the validate button to validate the required permissions. Then click on the next button.
Step 4. In the destination tab, set the folder path where you want to save the local files from Outlook 365. Click on the validate button to validate the required permissions. Then click on the next button.
Step 5. Create a mapping between source and destination, and select user accounts. Click on the validate button to validate the required permissions and click on start export.
How to Save Office 365 Email in HTML Format Manually?
Another alternative you have to save Office 365 emails is to save them in HTML format. For this, perform the following steps:
- Step 1. Open the Mailbox folder that contains emails.
- Step 2. Click File and then Save as.
- Step 3. A window will show up, click on the destination path where emails need to be saved.
- Step 4. Give the name to the file and click on Save as Type.
- Step 5. Select option HTML and hit Save.
Note: If you have a number of emails, the process is quite time-consuming. You have to save all the emails one by one in HTML by performing the above steps.
Must Read: How to Migrate Shared Mailbox to Office 365 User Mailbox? It’s Resolved
How to Save Office 365 Emails in PDF File Format Manually?
Saving Outlook emails in PDF file format is quite tricky. Why? Well, this is because there is no such direct method to save the emails as PDFs. You have to save Office 365 email as HTML first and then convert it to Word. Afterward, Save those files in PDF Format.
Here are the steps:
- Step 1. Follow the above steps to save Office 365 email as HTML.
- Step 2. Open MS-Word. File –> Open.
- Step 3. Load the HTML file format file and Click on Save as.
- Step 4. Choose the file type like PDF and Click Save.
- Step 5. Your file gets successfully saved in PDF Format.
How to Save Office 365 Email to OneDrive Manually?
Sometimes users search for the query to save Office 365 email to OneDrive for business client purposes. So, if you are looking to save Office 365 emails to OneDrive, you can do it by performing just 2 simple steps:
- Drag email from Outlook to the Desktop. The mail saved on the desktop is in .msg file format
- Now Open the One Drive on your system and drag that .msg file into it.
Also Read About: Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration Efficiently & Keep Same Domain Name
The blog is for all those users who are looking for a solution on how to save email from Office 365 webmail to desktop. We have discussed different formats in which you can save Office 365 emails. Users looking to save O365 emails to PST, PDF, HTML, or One Drive will get the solution here. The problem comes when you want to save ‘n’ a number of emails in PST file format, for that, an expert solution has been discussed for instant saving.