What are the Options to Save Email From Office 365 Webmail
“I am using Outlook 365 for managing my emails. I have to send the reporting of emails data with attachment to the client and there is a large number of emails in my Outlook 365 account. Is there any quick way to save email from office 365 webmail so that I can report them quickly. It would be ideal if you enable me out.”
Well! from the question you get a thought of today’s subject i.e. how to save email from Office 365 webmail.
I have seen a lot of clients confronting inconvenience in saving email from Office 365 Webmail and today we will talk about the same. We will discuss different options we have for saving emails from Office 365.
How to Save Email from Office 365 Webmail
We have number of choices in which we can save Outlook 365 data. It could be saved on any drive path on the client’s machine. You can save your Office 365 emails as PST, HTML, PDF, OneDrive etc.
Let us discuss in brief.
Save Office 365 Emails to PST
Exporting emails to Personal storage file ie PST is one of the standout approach clients used to save their Outlook 365 data. As you all know that Outlook automatically creates PST file for the mailbox. Let us discuss the process to save office 365 emails to PST:
Note – Installation of Outlook is necessary.
- Configure your O365 account on MS Outlook
- Click File –> Import&Export
- Click on Export to a File under Import and Export Wizard
- Select Outlook data file to transfer the content of mailbox onto PST File
- Tick the box which is next to Include SubFolders
- Hit Finish.
What if you want to save bulk Emails or save selected?
Make savvy Move!
Well, there is no such proficient approach to save bulk Outlook emails from Office 365. As when you save multiple PST file, the folder hierarchy is not maintained. Also, there is PST file size limitation in earlier version of Outlook. For that case, you can go for a quick and reliable solution ie Office 365 Backup Tool to save single as well as multiple emails of O365.
Some highlighting features of the software are:
- Migrate Emails, Documents, attachment associated with the emails, contacts, calendars etc
- Mailbox for multiple user accounts can be migrated with this utility
- Save Outlook 365 emails as EML file format
- Maintain proper folder hierarchy with no modification in the original data
- It works for you if you want to save selected emails from Office 365. It provides you the Date-Filter option so that you can specify the date range & export selected emails from O365.
Save Office 365 Email as HTML
Another alternative you have to save Office 365 emails is to save them in HTML Format. For this, Perform the following steps:
- Open the Mailbox folder that contains emails
- Click File and then Save as
- A window will show up, Click on the destination path where emails need to be get saved
- Give the name to the file and Click on Save as Type
- Select option HTML and hit Save.
Note: If you have number of emails, the process is quite time consuming. As you have to save all the emails one-by-one in HTML by performing above steps.
Save Office 365 Emails as PDF
For saving Outlook emails as PDF file format is quite tricky. Why? Well this is because there is no such direct method to save the mails as PDF. You have to save Office 365 email as HTML first and then convert in word. Afterwards, Save those files in PDF Format.
Here are the steps:
- Follow the above steps to save Office 365 email as HTML
- Open MS-Word. File –> Open
- Load the HTML file format file and Click on Save as
- Choose the file types as PDF and Click Save
- Your file gets successfully saved in PDF Format.
Save Office 365 Email to OneDrive
Sometimes users search for the query to save Office 365 email to Onedrive for business client purposes. So, if you are looking to save Office 365 emails to One drive, you can do it by performing just 2 simple steps:
- Drag the email from the Outlook to the Desktop. The mail saved on the desktop is of .msg file format
- Now Open the One Drive on your system and drag that .msg file into it.
The blog is for all those users who are looking for a solution on how to save email from office 365 webmail. We have discussed different formats in which you can save Office 365 emails. Users looking to save O365 emails to PST, PDF, HTML, One Drive will get the solution here. Problem comes when you want to save ‘n’ number of emails in PST file format, for that an expert solution has been discussed for instant saving.