Personal Storage Table or PST File Format is basically used by MS Outlook to store lots of information such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. However, Outlook application is one of the popular email clients used in any organization to exchange lots of information. Therefore, when a user moves from one Outlook version to another or it becomes difficult for a user to manage multiple PST file, there is need to merge multiple PST files. Now, the question arises, how to merge Outlook PST files in 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003. Hence, in this, all the possible ways to batch combine PST files into one are discussed.
Why to Combine Outlook Data Files in 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003?
There are various situations where there is a need to merge two PST file into single PST file. Here, the most common query asked by the users are discussed:
“I just moved from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 and now I want to import my both old and new PST file into single PST file to have an easy to both old and new PST files. Can I merge multiple PST files into one with the help of manual procedure, as I do not want to use any expensive third-party solution.”
How to Merge Outlook PST Files?
As nowadays, most of the users are querying about how can consolidate multiple PST files in 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 version in this segment of the article, we are going to discuss all possible manual ways to combine multiple PST files. If a user wants to merge Outlook data files (.pst), then he can follow any of these manual procedures mentioned below:
Combine Multiple PST Data Files into Single One Using Drag & Drop Option
In order to consolidate PST files into a single Outlook file to manage multiple calendars in Outlook and manage several PST files manually, open the PST files within Outlook 2007 and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open MS Outlook 2007 and go to File tab
- After that, click on Open and then on Outlook Data File
- Now, select the Outlook PST file that you want open and click on OK button
- Repeat these steps for multiple PST files that you want to merge
- Now, change the navigation pane to Mail or Folder View to access the PST file that you just mounted in MS Outlook
- Folder list button is found in bottom left of the Outlook user interface
- In the navigation pane, all Outlook accounts are displayed in alphabetical order by name
- Now, you can easily move the Outlook content between PST files either by dragging and dropping or by selecting the content and choose Move To option by right-clicking on it
- After that, go to the destination and click on OK button. The content is removed from the Source PST and rewritten to the destination folder.
How to Merge Outlook PST Files Using Import & Export Feature
To merge Outlook PST files manually, one can also use Import & Export feature provided by MS Outlook by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open MS Outlook application and create a new Outlook data file
- Click on New Items >> More Items and then on Outlook Data File
- Give a name of your choice to new Outlook data file and click on OK button
- New Outlook data file (.pst) is displayed in the navigation pane
- After that, click on File tab and then on Open >> Import option
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file from the list and click Next to continue
- Select the file type to Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next to continue
- After that, select the PST file that you want to export from Import Outlook Data File window
- Now, Browse the file that you want to merge and check Do not import duplicates option and press Next
- Choose the folder to import and check the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in boxes
- Finally, click on Finish to start the process and wait until process gets completed
Note: Both the manuals discussed above are not direct and reliable solutions to merge Outlook PST files. Therefore, to prevent loss of data, consolidate multiple PST files into one in Outlook 2016 with the help of PST Merge Tool.
How to Merge Outlook PST Files – Limitations of Manual Procedure
There are various limitations that a user may face while merging PST file of Outlook 2016, 2013 through manual procedure and are mentioned below:
- Both of the manual procedures totally depends on the size and amount of PST files you are going to combine.
- The manuals are very lengthy and confusing for a user to perform.
- The manuals are not full-proof solutions to merge Outlook archive PST files files without any data loss.
As most of the time users migrate from one Outlook version to another, there is a need to merge 2 PST file into 1 to have an easy access to both PST files. Therefore, after completely understanding the need of users to merge multiple PST files of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, we have discussed two different manual procedure of how to merge Outlook PST files. One can choose any of them according to the preference. As discussed above, the manuals are not full proof methods to merge Outlook PST files so, one should prefer automated solution to consolidate multiple PST files into one in outlook 2016 mentioned above before starting the final merge process to have a permanent access to the files. It also has the capability to only merge multiple Outlook contacts folders and combine passsword protected PST files without duplicates.