How to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders without Duplicates?
Microsoft Outlook is one of the best and most trusted applications for email communication. Advanced features and better security make it more favorite application world widely. Outlook launched new versions with better features & services. Therefore, when the users upgrade from the latest to the new Outlook version, they created a backup of Outlook data in PST file format. While upgradation, users are stuck with bulk PST files which include emails, contacts, calendars, and other data. In such a scenario, many users want to merge multiple outlook contacts folders without duplicates to manage data professionally.
To overcome the merging problem, here we will discuss the complete solution step by step. This blog explains the reliable solution of how to merge contacts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 with no duplicates.
Users Queries – How Can I Merge Outlook Contacts Folders
“Hello, I am trying to merge multiple contacts folder in MS Outlook 2016 into one without duplicates. I have a hundred contacts in each folder because I use my contacts folder for professional and personal use. Does anyone know how to consolidate Outlook contacts folders into one? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.”
“I upgraded from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016 and have multiple contacts folders. To manage all the contacts in Outlook, I am looking for a solution to merge multiple contacts folders in Outlook. I don’t have enough time to manually merge my thousands of contacts. So, please suggest me a tool that will merge Outlook contacts and remove duplicates.”
Jack Thompson, UK
Manual Way to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders
If you don’t want to spend money on a scary project, do it. Well, in this section, we are going to introduce a free method to achieve this task.
Step 1. Export Outlook Contacts to CSV File Format
- Open the Outlook application and click on the File tab.
- Click Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values and then click Next.
- Select Contacts Folders to export from and Hit the Next button.
- Click the Browse button and select the name and location for the exported file and press Next
- Click the Finish button.
Note: You need to save all contacts from exported CSV files into one CSV file format to import into Outlook.
Step 2. Import CSV File into Outlook
- Click File tab >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Choose Import from another program or file and click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values and then click Next
- Click Browse and select the CSV that contains the contacts you exported
- Select the option Do not import duplicate items or Replace duplicates with items imported. Both options allow you to combine Outlook contacts folders without duplicates
- Now select the Outlook folder in which you want to import the contacts or you can also create a new folder for imported items
- Select Map Custom Fields
- Drag the values from the CSV file and drop them on the destination field on the right. After Mapping all columns from the CSV file to the desired Outlook address book field, click OK.
- In the end, click the Finish button.
Points to Remember
In the above section, we described the manual solution to merge Outlook contacts folders into one. This process is fine if you have some Outlook contacts. But if you have a bulk of contacts in your Outlook contacts folders, then it becomes difficult. Because after exporting Outlook folders to the .csv file format, you must copy and paste all contact information into one CSV file to import into Outlook. To make this task simple and quick, we will discuss the automated solution in the next section.
Automatic Solution to Merge Multiple Outlook Contacts Folders
FreeViewer PST Merge Software is the most reliable solution to combine Outlook contacts folders without Outlook. The application offers a simple and user-friendly interface that every newbie can easily access.
It supports all Microsoft Outlook versions like Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others to combine multiple PST files into one. This software allows you to merge password-protected Outlook data files. It maintains data integrity during merge contacts in the Outlook procedure.
Easy Steps to Merge PST Files without Outlook
Step 1. First, Download the software.
Step 2. Click Add Folder to upload PST contacts files.
Step 3. Select the option Merge and then Hit Next.
Step 4. Choose options, Merge in New PST, Existing PST, or Outlook Profile, and click Next.
Step 5. Hit Skip Duplicates Items to remove duplicate contacts.
Step 6. Click the Next button.
Steps to Combine Outlook Contacts Folders with/ without Outlook
- First, Download and install the software.
- Click Add Folder to load PST contacts files.
- Choose the option Merge and then click Next.
- Select options, Merge in New PST, Existing PST, or Outlook Profile, and click Next.
- Click Skip Duplicates Items to remove duplicate contacts.
- Hit the Next button.
- Done! that’s how you can combine Outlook contacts without duplicates in just a few moments.
Many users want to merge contacts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and so on. In this blog, we discussed two methods to merge multiple Outlook contacts folders without duplicates. It is better to go with the PST File Merge software instead of the manual method because the manual process does not provide guaranteed and accurate results. So, choose the method according to your choice and merge Outlook folder with no duplicates.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can merge Outlook contacts using the above-mentioned tool. It offers the facility to combine PST contacts folders into one.
Yes, the user can delete duplicate contacts in Outlook using this utility without loss of data.
Yes, this software allows the user to merge two or multiple PST files into a single one.