How to Merge Outlook PST Files 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 Manually?
Personal Storage Table or PST File Format is basically used by MS Outlook to store lots of information such as emails, contacts, calendars and etc. However, the Outlook application is one of the popular email clients that use in any organization to exchange lots of information. Therefore, when a user moves from one Outlook version to another or it becomes difficult for a user to manage several PST files, there is a need to combine them into one. Now, the question arises, how to merge Outlook PST files 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003? Hence, in this blog we have mentioned all the possible ways to consolidate PST files into one are discussed.
Why Merge Outlook PST Files 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003?
There are various situations where there is a need to combine Outlook PST files into a single PST file. Here, the most common query asked by the users are discussed:
“I just moved from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 and now I want to import my both old and new PST files into a single PST file to have an easy to both old and new PST files. Can I combine all of them into one file without doing much effort?”
We will shortly present you with a tool that perfectly suits your requirements. It is an affordable tool specifically designed for this type of Outlook PST data merge challenge. However, we would also like to inform you about a free method for getting out your merge process done.
The free method is great when money is tight. The other is better if you estimate your time and have accurate results. For a quick and easy process to consolidate PST files that don’t affect quality, consider only one tool: PST Merge Software.
You can download and install the software for free by clicking on the button below:
How to Merge Outlook PST Files – The Simple Way
Step 1. Add PST files in the software panel.
Step 2. Choose the Merge Options and click Next.
Step 3. Select the option to merge all folders or selected folders.
Step 4. Select the items you want like Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, and Journals.
Step 5. Hit the Next button.
Some Additional Features of the Tool
- Users can merge Outlook folders– inbox, contacts, sent items, etc.
- Complete safe, secure, and fast utility.
- The tool has the capability to merge multiple Outlook contacts folders.
- Option to join files into an existing PST, Outlook profile, or new PST.
- Consolidate unlimited data files without size limitations.
- One can combine calendars and easily manage multiple calendars in Outlook.
- Supports all Outlook and Windows OS versions.
How to Merge Outlook PST Files Manually?
Nowadays, most users are querying how can consolidate PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. We are going to discuss all possible manual ways to combine multiple PST files.
Note: While “free” initially appears to be cost savings, consider the hours it takes to merge your data and poor quality results. You can actually save money with an inexpensive tool.
Using Drag & Drop Option
Open the PST files within Outlook 2007 and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the File tab.
- After that, click on Open and then on Outlook Data File.
- Now, select the Outlook PST file that you want open and click on the OK button.
- Repeat these steps for multiple PST files that you want to join.
- Now, change the navigation pane to Mail or Folder View to access the PST file that you just mounted in MS Outlook.
- The folder list button is found in the bottom left of the Outlook user interface.
- In the navigation pane, all Outlook accounts are displayed in alphabetical order by name.
- Now, you can easily move the Outlook content between PST files either by dragging and dropping or by selecting the content and choosing Move To option by right-clicking on it.
- After that, go to the destination and click on the OK button. The content is removed from the Source PST and rewritten to the destination folder.
Using Import & Export Feature
To know how to merge Outlook PST files manually, one can also use the Import & Export feature by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the MS Outlook application and create a new Outlook data file.
- Click on New Items >> More Items and then on Outlook Data File.
- Give a name of your choice to the new Outlook data file and click on the OK button.
- A New Outlook data file (.pst) is displayed in the navigation pane.
- After that, click on the File tab and then on the Open >> Import option.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file from the list and click Next to continue.
- Select the file type to Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next to continue.
- After that, select the PST file that you want to export from the Import Outlook Data File window.
- Now, Browse the file that you want to import and check the Do not import duplicates option, and press Next.
- Choose the folder to import and check the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in the boxes.
- Finally, click on Finish to start the process and wait until the process gets completed.
Limitations of Manual Procedure
There are various limitations that a user may face through the manual procedure which are mentioned below:
- Both manual procedures depend entirely on the size and quantity of the PST files you want to combine.
- Required technical knowledge in depth.
- The manuals are not completely secure solutions for merging data files.
As most of the time users migrate from one Outlook version to another, there is a need to combine several data files into one to have easy access to both PST files. Therefore, after completely understanding the need of users, we have discussed two different manual procedures of how to merge Outlook PST files. One can choose any of them according to preference. As discussed above, the manuals are not foolproof methods to accomplish this task. So, one should prefer an automated solution to consolidate PST files in an accurate way.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the professional tool that enables you to merge two inbox, archive, sent items, and contacts into a single inbox, archive, contacts, and sent items folder.
Yes, you can easily combine both ANSI and UNICODE PST file into a single UNICODE file.