How to Open PST File without Outlook? Free Solution
We often want to read PST files with attachments, but Microsoft Outlook is not installed on Windows systems. In this case, opening the PST is a challenge. Now you may be wondering why someone wants to open PST file without Outlook.
Well, in many cases, it may be necessary to read PST files with attachments on Windows OS without Microsoft Outlook. For example:
- You are not using the system,
- Do not want to install and set up Outlook,
- Your subscription has expired,
- Do not want to receive it again,
- Trying to share PST information with people who do not have Outlook or for any other reason.
Short Notes on Outlook PST File
When you add an email account to Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, etc., a local copy of your email account information is stored on your Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 computers. This feature allows you to access emails, calendar information, contacts, and previously downloaded or synchronized tasks without the need for an Internet connection.
Certain email account types such as POP accounts store their information in Outlook .pst files. Microsoft Outlook 365 accounts, Exchange accounts, IMAP accounts, and Outlook.com accounts to store their information in Offline Outlook .ost files.
How to Open PST File without Outlook by Gmail?
When we talk about reading PST files without any dependency then we recommend using Gmail because it’s a free and easy method. Follow the steps:
1. First Install and Open Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook Tool.
2. Next, Sign in with your Gmail ID.
3. Give Permission to Gmail to Access your Data, Click Allow.
4. Next, Select Outlook Profile or PST File, Click on Next.
5. Select Required Data (Emails, Contacts, Calendar) then Click on Migrate.
6. Migration Process Will Start, You Can See Live Migration.
7. Migration Completed Generated, Click OK.
8. Next Migration Status Shown with Success Rate.
9. You Will See the Migrated Folder in Gmail.
10. Also, See Migrated Emails within Gmail.
Recommended Solution to Read PST Files in Windows OS
If you need a better and easier method than the above, you need to look for our free solution to open data files without Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013. FreeViewer Automated PST Viewer Tool that can access PST file from multiple computers on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 system without Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. Also, the tool provides HTML view modes to open PST files in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser.
Best & Additional Features of the Free Tool
- It provides a complete preview of Outlook PST emails and attachments.
- Able to perform hexadecimal forensics and data analysis of required documents.
- Effective enough to open damaged and corrupted Outlook PST files.
- It provides multiple preview options to fully access the data file.
Steps to Open PST File with Attachments without Outlook
Follow the mentioned simple steps to read PST file data items without the Outlook dependency.
Step-1: Open Software in Windows OS.
Step-2: Click on Add File, then Browse PST File.
Step-3: Open PST File in Multiple Preview Modes.
Step-4: Dual Screen Modes: Horizontal & Vertical.
How to Open PST File in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 Version?
Follow the steps to open saved PST files in Microsoft Outlook version 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013 without the need for an email account:
Step-1: Open Outlook >> File >> Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File.
Step-2: Browse Saved PST File from Windows System Drive and Click OK.
Step-3: Saved PST File will Show in Outlook Data File.
Microsoft has some restrictions on data files, such as installing the Outlook required in the Windows OS to read PST files with attachments. To overcome these limitations, choose an automated solution. Choose the best free solution to open PST files without Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013 installation on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7.