How to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files Manually? – Step by Step Guide
Do you want to know the solution to merge multiple archive PST files into one? If yes, you are on the right blog. In today’s write up, we will discuss one of the most successful and best ways to merge archive PST together.
Sometimes, users are exposed to data corruption, accidental deletion, improper data management, and performance issues with Outlook due to a large number of data files. Users create archive .pst files and are used as a backup that can be easily accessed in Outlook at anytime. To organize and manage multiple archives, it is a good idea to combine archives together.
If the Outlook mailbox is large, users can move old items to an archive, a separate Outlook data file (.pst), which you can open at any time from Outlook. Now, users have multiple archive files and need to combine all together. It is easy to archive items, but how to merge PST files which are in an archive folder, this is the big question for users. In the next section, we are going to explain the whole process to perform this task.
May Also Like:
Why Merging Archives is Beneficial?
It is complicated to manage several archives. However, merging them into one file is the best option to handle. Here are some benefits for merging:
- Avoid data loss or accidental deletion issues
- Save time by avoiding every file being opened repeatedly
- Avoid sharing files one at a time
- Maintain the performance of Outlook application
- Access data from multiple accounts in one place
Steps to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files Manually
To merge archive PST files, it is recommended to create a new PST file and after import all archive PST files into the newly created file. Perform the below steps to complete this task.
Part 1: Create a Blank New PST File in Outlook
- Click New Items and select More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Select the location to save the new PST file and give it a name.
- In the end, click OK.
Part 2: Import All Archive Files Into Newly Created Blank PST File
- Click on the File tab and select Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Select “Import from another program or file“ and click Next
- Select the option “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click Next
- Now, Browse the file which you want to import and select “Do not import duplicates“.
- Check the “Include subfolders” and “Import items into the same folder in” boxes.
- Click Finish and that’s it.
Are There any Limitations With Manual Method?
Yes, the manual process has some limitations. The whole process is very time-taking and tedious. You must repeat the import method to accomplish the process to merge archive PST files. With this method, there is a possibility that data may be lost or damaged.
If you want a quick and secure way to accomplish this task, you must go with the PST Merge Tool. This is an advanced utility that provides the facility to merge two archive PST files or more files without size and data loss problems. You can download the tool for free to test its effectiveness. The software has a simple and friendly interface for non-professional users.
First Download the tool after that follow the below steps to merge multiple archive PST files:
Quick Steps to Merge Archive PST Files are as follows;
Step 1. Install the software and add PST files.
Step 2. Select Merge option.
Step 3. Next, choose to Merge all Folders or Only Selected Folders.
Step 4. Select Merge in a new PST, Existing PST or Outlook Profile according to your need.
Step 5. Select the items you want to merge like Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Journals, and Notes.
Step 6. Click on the Next button.
This is the simplest way to merge multiple archive PST files quickly without having to worry about the size and original data formatting.
The application provides multiple features and benefits. Some of the highlighted features are-
- Merge two archive PST files without size and data loss issues
- 100% secure from virus or malware attack
- Supports the PST file of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
- Two different merging options: Join PST, and Merge PST
- Helpful to consolidate multiple archive .pst files without duplicate items
- Merge Outlook folders: Inbox, Contacts, Sent Items, etc., with the same name.
- Supports to join or merge Outlook data files to existing PST, new PST or Outlook profile
- Remove duplicates from Outlook Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes and journals
Creating archive files is useful, but managing these files is a very complicated and hectic task. To simplify this, merge archive PST files is the best solution to manage all the files in one place. Here we have explained the manual and automated method to merge multiple archive PST files. You can choose any method that meets all your needs. Make sure you use a safe and simple solution that will not affect your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
In general, there is no easy or straightforward way to merge archive files. However, you can use the PST Merge software, which allows you to combine two or multiple archives without restricting the size.
With the Outlook PST file merger software, it is easy to combine folders like inbox, sent items, contacts with no duplicate items.
Using the mentioned software, you can merge Outlook PST files data with an existing one.