How to Perform Zoho to Office 365 Migration Efficiently? Complete Guide
Are you planning to perform Zoho to Office 365 migration for multiple email accounts? It can be overwhelming if not planned and executed properly. So, in this article, you will find a complete guide to quickly migrate Zoho bulk emails along with attachments to Office 365.
Zoho Mail has developed the most unique features and has earned its presence in the market to a great extent. All this is because it offers users a number of integrated features. Zoho Mail offers better and more advanced features that have been used to make data work better. Also, it is one of the best collaboration platforms for small businesses.
But still, when someone is managing their medium to large business, at that time, they cannot manage their data through Zoho Mail. Thus, users are always looking for a solution that meets their business needs. Then they only look at the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Microsoft 365 is one of the best productivity suites for all users today. Office 365 can easily manage your entire business infrastructure and scale data to improve business operations.
In such situations, users generally prefer to migrate Zoho Mail to Office 365 accounts as it is a cloud-based platform that offers more storage space with multiple security features. Let us begin the migration process in detail with the manual and its alternatives.
Let’s discuss the most reliable way to perform this task without any hassle.
5 Simple Steps for Zoho to Office 365 Migration
- Step 1. Download, Install & Run Software.
- Step 2. Select IMAP & Office 365 as Platforms.
- Step 3. Select Zoho Mail & Enter Credentials.
- Step 4. Enter Microsoft 365 Credentials & Validate.
- Step 5. Fetch & Select Users & Start Migration.
Manual Way to Migrate Email From Zoho to Office 365
For using this manual method, first, you need to export Zoho Mail emails to a PST format. Secondly, import those output files to Microsoft Office 365.
Step 1. Copy Zoho Emails to PST File
Log in to your Zoho Mail account for a Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration manually.
Go to the settings and choose the Import/Export option.
Select the Export option where you need to choose a folder.
Then, select the required number of email messages.
Click on the Export button and the export process will start automatically.
In just a few minutes, you will receive the .zip file.
Hence, now you need to extract the .zip file and it will be extracted in the EML format. Just open those files in Outlook. And, then export the file from Outlook to get a resulting file in PST format.
Step 2. Import those files to Microsoft 365
There are different options to import the data. You can use the Network Upload option or you can use a tool to import PST to Office 365. In this way, you can migrate Zoho Mail to Office 365. However, there are several limitations associated with the manual method, such as –
Migrating Zoho Mail to Office 365 manually can have various limitations and challenges.
Here are some of the potential drawbacks:
- Time-consuming – Performing Zoho to Office 365 migration using manual way, can be time-consuming as it has various lengthy steps such as exporting data from Zoho Mail, configuring Office 365 accounts, and then importing data into that Office 365 account. It becomes more complex when you have a large database to migrate.
- Data Integrity – The manual method to migrate Zoho mail to Office 365 consists of various steps. Thus, possible data loss or corruption becomes apparent. Errors or human intervention during the migration process can result in the loss of important emails or data.
- Technical Expertise – While performing Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration, you have to use the PowerShell for Network Upload method to import the data exported from Zoho Mail. Which requires technical and hands-on experience with Zoho Mail, and Office 365 to proceed with this method. If you are not familiar with the process or lack the necessary Exchange online know-how, then it would become a tedious and challenging task to perform.
- Email Filters and Rules – It becomes quite difficult to migrate email accounts with custom set-up email filters or rules in Zoho Mail manually. Hence, it results in inconsistent results and data loss scenarios.
- Calendar and Contacts – Migrating calendars and contacts from Zoho Mail to Office 365 manually can be cumbersome and might require additional steps to ensure data accuracy.
- Downtime and Disruption – During the migration process, there may be downtime for email services, which can disrupt your regular communication and business operations.
- Support and Assistance – Unlike automated migration tools or services, manual migration does not have dedicated customer support. Which makes it challenging to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise.
In order to overcome all these limitations and shortcomings, it is suggested to use professional and reliable software to perform Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration safely.
Expert’s Solution For Zoho Mail to Office 365 Migration
Most manual methods are available on the Internet, but that does not mean, users will get convenient results from them. Additionally, a manual method may take even more time for the entire migration. So, it is better to use a solution that is already tried and trusted by most professional experts. Hence, we suggest you use FreeViewer IMAP Email Migration Tool to migrate email from Zoho to Office 365 account.
Moreover, the software can easily handle a large number of emails without imposing any size limitations. It also provides multiple features inherited from it that match the customization and needs. Download the software for Zoho to Office 365 Migration for Mac OS & Windows OS and start the process.
Steps to Transfer from Zoho to Microsoft 365 on Windows Desktop
All Windows OS users, can simply download the software on the supported version, follow the step-by-step guideline-
Step 1. To initiate the migration process, select the IMAP category as a source platform and Office 365 category as a destination.
Step 2. Thereafter, select the Zoho Mail option for account validation and provide user details including password to migrate Zoho Mail to Office 365.
Step 3. Now, for the destination, enter Microsoft 365 user name and password for account authentication and tap Next.
Step 4. After this, you can fetch users as required and validate them accordingly.
Step 5. Lastly, hit the Start Migration option to begin the Zoho to Office 365 migration on the respective Windows desktop.
Step By Step Way to Migrate Email From Zoho to Office 365 on Mac Device
Just read the below-mentioned steps and easily perform the entire migration-
Step 1. Launch, install, and run the Tool on your existing Mac OS system, and tap Continue.
Step 2. Then, from the source IMAP account >> choose Hostname as Zoho Mail. And, enter the login credentials there. Validate it.
Step 3. Go to destination IMAP account >> choose Office 365 and enter login details. Validate it for a smooth working..
Step 4. Once validated, click on Add button to add more accounts for a secure Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration on Mac OS.
Step 5. You can go to Advanced settings, and transfer the required Zoho emails using the Date Filter option.
Step 6. Also, use Delta Migration to migrate only the skipped emails.
Step 7. After that, click on Start to perform Zoho to Office 365 Migration, you will see the final migration message on the screen, tap OK.
Step 8. Click on View Report and see the Conversion Report there on your Mac desktop screen.
Outstanding Features of the Migration Tool
In this section, some characteristics of the above tool we are sharing below-
- This Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration tool instantly transfers emails from entire Zoho Mail mailboxes to O365 in bulk quantities.
- Date Range Filter option to transfer emails of a particular duration.
- Moreover, it includes emails from all folders such as Inbox, Trash, Sent Items, Drafts, and others.
- It even maintains the hierarchy of all the files and folders and the original file structure.
- Migrates the data from Zoho Mail to multiple other email clients or applications other than Microsoft 365 platform.
- A user can run this tool on all the previous as well as the latest versions of Mac OS such as Mac OS 13.0, Mac 12.0, Mac 11.0, Mac 10.8, and others. However, Windows users can use the Windows-based Zoho to Microsoft 365 migration tool on Windows Server 2012 / 2016, and Windows (64-bit) 10 / 11 OS versions.
Besides these, this automated tool does not require any other application installation to continue with the migration process in both operating systems.
User Reviews After Performing Zoho Mail to Office 365 Migration
User 1- I was having trouble maintaining email data in Zoho Mailbox so that my data is safe. I have decided to move from Zoho to Microsoft 365 account on Windows 11. And for that, I used this migration software, and choosing this tool turned out to be a great decision. This tool really helped me to migrate multiple emails with a full folder structure to Office 365 account. I am quite impressed with this tool and would like to suggest other users try it. Thanks, team!!
– Aakuriti, USA
User 2- Using this Zoho to Office 365 migration tool for Mac is quite simple to move emails from different accounts in batch. However, being an administrator, I always prefer to choose the most secure solution that will not affect the existing data stored in the mailbox. And for that, I really think this tool is the best to try and do a secure migration without data manipulation.
– Danny, France
Also Read: How to Migrate User Profiles to New Domain?
In The End
Hence, the entire process for Zoho Mail to Office 365 migration is clarified manually as well as professionally. in this article. However, instead of using a manual solution, it is better for you to use the mentioned tool to migrate email from Zoho to Office 365 / Microsoft 365 instantly without any further issues. For more details, you can connect with our technical experts anytime.