How to Split Large PST File in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010?
Splitting large PST files is the most common issue faced by MS Outlook users. On Google, it is the most often query asked by the users. As everybody knows, large size PST file creates a problem in MS Outlook. So, it becomes a necessity for Outlook users to split large PST file on time. Moreover, PST file supports two different formats i.e., ANSI and Unicode format according to versions of Outlook. According to the type of PST file type, their file size limits also vary. If a user does not use Freeviewer PST Splitter Tool before it exceeds its maximum limit, then it may corrupt your PST file also.
Therefore, in order to prevent MS Outlook from all such situations, one must crop large-size PST files and access the Outlook application in a more synchronized and manageable way. Here, in this situation, we have discussed all possible solutions that one can use to split PST file of 5 GB in versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.
5 Quick Steps to Split Large PST File
- Step 1. Download & Run the Software.
- Step 2. Add PST File and Select the Final Path.
- Step 3. Select the Split Options Provided.
- Step 4. Check the Split Information & Click Next.
- Step 5. Now, Process Started to Split PST File.
Benefits of Split Large PST File in Outlook
After splitting a large PST file, one can have various benefits which are mentioned below:
- It becomes easier for a user to manage small-size PST files in MS Outlook, as split large PST file improves the searching process in Outlook.
- One can overcome the hanging problem and slow performance issue that comes in MS Outlook due to large size PST files.
- Splitting PST files reduces the chances of corruption in Outlook data files. Hence, it becomes necessary to split large Outlook PST files in order to prevent corruption.
How to Split Large PST File in Outlook Manually?
To prevent Outlook from any problems due to PST files being too large, one must split large Outlook PST files. In order to split larger Outlook PST files manually, there are three different procedures available. One can choose any of them according to their requirement.
1. Divide Large PST File Using Archive Feature
This manual will help users in splitting large-size PST files by year which help users in managing PST file on a yearly basis. Now, to do the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the MS Outlook application and directly go to the File tab.
2. From the File tab, select the Archive option.
3. In the Archive window, you need to select the Archive this folder and subfolders option.
4. From the drop-down list, you need to select the date for Archive items older than the option to archive PST files before that date only.
5. Finally, click on the Browse button to select the desired location to share the archive.pst file then, click on the OK button to complete the process.
With the help of this process one archive, PST file by year but does not reduce PST file size in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or below versions. Therefore, there is a need to decrease PST file size.
2. Compact PST File Size
If a user wants to reduce the size of the PST file then he needs to follow the steps to split PST file mentioned below:
1. In the MS Outlook application, go to the File tab.
2. Now, select the Account Settings option.
3. Select Account Settings >> Data Files option.
4. Select the data files to compact and click on the Settings option.
5. Click on the Compact Now button and after completion click on the OK button.
3. Import & Export Option
If a user wants to resolve a PST file too large issue, he can also go for Import and Export feature offered by Outlook to split large PST file.
- In the MS Outlook application, navigate to the File tab.
- Go to the Account option and select the Account Settings option.
- Provide the location and name of a new file in a Create or Open Outlook Data File.
- After that, exit the Account Settings window by clicking on the Close button.
- Now, again go to the File tab and click the Open >> Import option.
- Select Export to a file option under Import and Export window and click on the Next option to continue.
- Now, select the PST file and click on the Next option again.
- From the Expand Folder window, select the folder that you want to export.
- Now, select the items to export and click the Next button to continue.
- Click on the Browse button to select the location to store a new file.
- When exporting is complete click on the Finish button.
4. Use the Move to Folder Feature
One can go for the move-to folder feature also offered by MS Outlook. In order to prevent corruption in Outlook PST files you can crop PST files by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open MS Outlook and click on File >> New >> Outlook Data File.
- Go for the Office Outlook Personal Folder option from the New Outlook Data File window.
- Provide a name for a new PST file in Create Microsoft Personal Folder option.
- After that, click on the Edit tab and choose the Move to Folder option.
- Now, from the Move Items dialog Box, click on the New option.
- Choose a new PST file Select where to place the folder option and click on the OK button.
- After that, in the Move Items option, select the new folder in the new PST file and press the OK button.
Limitations of Manual Procedure to Split Large PST File
There are various manual procedures discussed above that a user can use to split PST files. However, there are some limitations also while using manual methods that a user may face. All three solutions are very lengthy and time-consuming. Moreover, any of them is not a proper solution to overcome the PST file too large problem in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000. Therefore, to have an easy-to-use and reliable solution, one can go for a trusted third-party tool mentioned above.
Steps to Split Large Outlook PST Files
Step-1. Download and Install the software on your machine.
Step-2. Add PST File/Folder(s) and browse desired Destination Path.
Step-3. Now, choose the required Split Option.
Step-4. Check the summary of Split Information and click Next to proceed.
Step-5. Finally, the process to split large PST file is completed.
Microsoft Outlook stores all important data files such as tasks, notes, emails, and many more in PST file format. As it is large in size so, if it exceeds its maximum size limit it will become a big issue. To avoid such type of problem, one can split large PST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions. After considering all the questions asked by the users regarding how to split 5 GB Outlook PST files, we have discussed the benefits and different solutions to split PST files manually. If a user faces any issues with a manual solution, then they can go for an effortless solution as discussed above.