How to Recover Lost Outlook Data Files Items in 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013?
No doubt, multiple users are using Outlook for their Business purpose for accessing emails easily. Microsoft Outlook stores all the data files in PST (Personal Storage Table) file format. It can save all types of data files such as email, attachments, contacts, and so on. Basically, it allows users to split the backed-up information into smaller parts and managed them properly.
In any case, if there is any corruption in Outlook data files then, there will be a loss of multiple folders or data items and it will become quite complex for the user’s to recover lost Outlook data files. Therefore, it is necessary to retain the backup of PST data files.
There are some situations also in which a user accidentally deletes PST file items like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc., and wants to restore deleted or lost Outlook data file items without data losing of a single bit of data.
If a backup is there then, it will be easy for a user to repair and restore the data items. Now the question that will arise from most of the user’s side can be, how to recover lost Outlook data files if there is no backup available? Hence, in the following section, different methods for restoring lost Outlook data file items in 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013 are discussed here.
But before going towards the solution parts let’s understand the reasons behind the file missing issue in Outlook.
Reasons To Restore Missing PST File Items in Outlook
- Consider a case, a user has deleted some Outlook data but after a certain period of time, he/she realized that he/she lost some of the important files too. So accidental deletion of data is the major reason for missing PST file items.
- Sometimes oversized Outlook data delete the files in PST.
- Some of the viruses are also responsible for the data deletion in the Outlook PST file.
Now, after knowing the reasons let’s move toward the solution part!
How To Recover Lost Outlook Data Files Items?
A user can recover the missing PST file items that are deleted accidentally. Now, there are two methods available to retrieve deleted data from the PST files. A user can select any of them accordingly:
Restore lost Items from Deleted Item Folder
1. First, launch the MS Outlook application
2. Now, move to the email folder list and then, choose the Deleted Items option
3. After that, check the message is in Deleted Item folder or even not
4. If yes, then right-click on the message and click Move option, then go to Other Folder
5. Now, if a user needs to move the message back to the inbox, press Inbox option and choose OK button
6. In some other case, if a user wants to restore other Outlook data file items such as:
- To restore missing Outlook calendar item, double-click on it and select Move >> Other Folder >> Calendar
- Inorder to restore lost contacts right-click on it and select Move >> Other Folder >> then Contacts
- To restore missing taskbar, double-click on it and choose Move >> Other Folder >> Tasks
- Restore Missing Outlook Data File items that are no longer in Deleted Folder
Recover Lost Outlook Data Files Items from Recoverable Items Folder
If a user needs the Outlook data file items like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc. which are not present in Deleted Item folder, then, one can confirm them in the Recoverable Items folder. It is just a hidden folder and knows more about it from the following points:
- If a user has completely deleted the item from Deleted Items folder.
- When the user makes empty the Deleted Items folder.
- When the user has to delete an item by using Shift + Delete.
Recover Deleted Items from Server
Now, to restore the emails from the Outlook file, that are not present in the Delete Item folder, a user allows to follow the mentioned steps:
1. Open the Outlook application and start to navigate an email folder list
2. Now, choose the Delete Item folder and go to Home option
3. Under the Home, click on the Recover Deleted Items From Server tab
4. After that, point Deleted Items option and select the data files that a user wants to restore
5. Select the Restore Selected Items option and then, press OK button
Note: You can find the Recover Lost Outlook Data Files Items From Server grayed out or not there at all, check the following points:
- Check whether the users are working online or not. If not, switch to online mode.
- Make sure the users are using an Exchange account.
Limitations of Restoring Deleted Outlook Data Files Manually
A user is able to restore deleted PST data file items by using the manual procedure, but they might face some problems while performing these manual procedures such as:
- The main limitation of the manual procedure is that it does not restore all deleted Outlook data items that has been deleted permanently.
- The very lengthy and time-consuming process does not have simple steps as well.
Alternative Solution To Recover Lost Outlook Data File Items
There are multiple limitations that are experienced by a user while performing the manual approach. Hence, to have one such automated solution is Outlook PST Data File Repair Tool. This tool will restore missing Outlook PST file emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc. in a very efficient and reliable manner.
The best part of this tool is, it is able to recover lost Outlook Data file items also without any consequences. It can also repair PST files easily. Including all such type of features makes this tool better than other methods of restoring Outlook data files items.
- Download and install Outlook PST Data Recovery Tool in your system
- Add PST / BAK file, from which you need to recover deleted items
- Use Advanced Mode Scanning to recover lost data from PST file
- Preview Retrieved lost Outlook data items in Red color
- Now Export Recovered data items in PST / PDF / HTML / EML / MSG or in Office 365 format
How to Recover Deleted Outlook PST File?
In order to recover lost PST file (Accidental deletion of Microsoft Outlook PST file from your system / local drive), one needs a recovery option which can retrieve deleted data from Hard Drive. If you are search for a solution to retrieve your Outlook PST file, then Windows Data Recovery software can help you. This utility can retrieve deleted files from your computer.
Sometimes a user may accidentally delete or lost Outlook data files items and wants to retrieve them at any cost. As a result, after understanding the reasons behind restoring missing Outlook file (PST) items and folders; we have discussed manual procedures. There are some limitations of the manual procedure that occurs while a user tries to retrieve lost Outlook PST file emails and other items.