Are you an Outlook user and wants to know the best yet reliable approach to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail? If yes, then we are going to let you know a simplified solution to read the Outlook PST file on Apple Mail email application.
There can be times when the Outlook application crashes due to several reasons like malware attacks, improper system termination, cyber attacks and so on. Thus, it is wise to backup the data in some other trustworthy and feasible email program like Apple Mail. Well, executing the file conversion process is not that easy as both the email application i.e., Outlook and Mac Mail stores different file formats to save the data. Therefore, to make the migration process simple and less complicated, one can completely rely on this blog wherein we have disclosed result-oriented approaches to open and read Outlook emails on Apple Mail.
Reasons Behind to Open Outlook PST File on Mac Mail
There are several reasons in which users end up with the decision to move the PST emails to Apple Mail. Some of the common reasons are described below,
- When a user switches the organization, it becomes a basic need to convert the PST file to MBOX format, where Apple Mail is been used in the present organization
- Due to different reasons, there comes a point in which users want to switch the Operating system from Windows to Mac. In such cases, there arises a need to migrate the Outlook emails to Apple Mail MBOX format
- In case of accidental deletion of PST data, hard drive corruption, Outlook PST corruption, etc. It is a smart option to import and open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail
- As Apple Mail is a free and default email application that comes under Mac OS. Hence, users tend to switch into Mac Mail from Outlook email program
Looking for some manual solution? Explore the same in the below section!
How to Open Outlook PST on Apple Mail Using the Native Method?
In order to transfer the Outlook PST file to Apple Mail, simply follow the step-by-step procedure as mentioned below,
- Launch Outlook application on the Mac Operating system
- Navigate to Menu>> File>> Import option to view the Outlook emails in Mac Mail
- In the next window, choose Outlook Data file(.pst or .olm) radio button and click the bottom right arrow to proceed further
- Under Choose a File Type wizard, select Outlook for Windows Data File(.pst) and hit the bottom arrow to continue
- Now, locate the PST file and import the same to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail
- Upon successful import process, click the Done button wherein the PST file will appear in the Mac Outlook application
- Now, you need to drag the folder containing PST data to the Mac desktop in which all the exported files will now convert into MBOX format
- After which, one can easily import the converted MBOX file to Apple Mail
What are the Shortcomings Associated With the Manual Method?
Even though the native method is cost-free, it requires more efforts to perform the process and consumes a lot of time. Following are the limitations for the manual method to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail.
- Requires Outlook configuration on the Mac machine
- Naive users fail to follow this approach due to its complex steps
- Improperly following the steps may lead to data loss issue
- User must be technically sound to perform the tricky and lengthy steps
Still hovering to find the smart solution to read Outlook PST file on Mac Mail? If so, then bury all the manual worries with the help of most trusted software- Mac PST Converter!
A One-Stop Solution to Open & View Outlook Emails in Apple Mail!
One can follow the aforesaid manual method to read PST emails on Mac Mail. However, it poses a couple of limitations as described above. Hence, the only reliable option is to avail some versatile software like Mac PST Converter. This standalone tool lets users to convert multiple PST files to Mac Mail supported MBOX format without Outlook installation to read Outlook PST file on Mac Mail. It can efficiently maintain the folder structure and moreover individual MBOX file is created per PST file. This software is power-packed with numerous advanced features like to export selective Outlook emails using date filter option. Besides this, it can support the latest Outlook 2019 version all the prior Outlook versions to convert into MBOX format.
Quick Working of the Tool to Open Outlook PST File on Mac Mail
- Install and launch Mac PST Converter on the Mac machine and upload the PST file using Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) option
- After adding the PST file on the software dashboard, choose the Export type as MBOX to read Outlook PST file on Mac Mail
- Under Advance Settings option, users can avail the Date filter option to export selective data and select the Categories option to export the required data items like emails, calendars, contacts
- The software also provides the option to maintain the folder hierarchy. Provide the desired location to save the output MBOX file
- After applying the required filters, click the Export button to initiate the file conversion process to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail
- Once the export process is completed, a progress report will be generated, which can be saved using View Report button
- Now, users can easily view the Outlook data on Apple Mail by importing the converted MBOX file on Apple Mail
Time to Conclude
When there is a need to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail, one can instantly process this need as we have clearly described the effective solution in this blog. Users can try the manual method, however it comprises a set of limitations. Hence, it is the smart option to avail the automated tool, which is the ultimate solution to effortlessly open and read the Outlook data in Apple Mail.