Multiple Preview Modes to Explore Email Files
Are you finding ways to explore email files with multiple preview modes. If yes, then you are in the right place. We will give you full knowledge.
When a user needs to work with different email clients such as Microsoft Outlook (OST or PST), Thunderbird, eM Client, Gmail, Office 365, etc. It is not possible for a single user to have all email clients environment. We know that without particular environment files become in accessible. In this case user has to rely on third party software that provides multiple preview modes to view, explore, read, and analyze particular file without respective application.
Get quick steps to open OST files without Outlook.
Importance of Viewer Utilities
“I work as a Forensic Investigator in a Forensics Data Center. Recently, I got one case in which I need to do perform the in-depth examination of OST to carve out evidence. Now, the major issue is that Outlook is not installed on my system. Also, I do not have much time to complete this task. I want to know is there any tool using which I can view emails message header details instantly. Please suggest me a reliable software as I do not want any data loss.”
Considering The Above Mentioned Scenario:
While forensic investigation, most of the examiners need a smart way to instantly analyze particular files. Similarly, in some cases, the investigator has to deal with emails in which they have to do a complete examination of email file with all the minute details. In such a condition, they depend on automated tools to analyze files without any application installation.
Now, The Question Crops Up:
FreeViewer Provides Multiple Solution to Analyze Email Files
We at FreeViewer developed different software to explore email files of different email client. All are listed in below section. All the listed software is enables 8 different preview modes.
- MBOX Viewer supports all mail client MBOX files.
- PST File Viewer supports all Outlook versions
- OST Viewer Tool support all IMAP Account in Outlook
- MSG Viewer Software supports all mail client MSG files
- EML Viewer Tool supports all mail client EML files
Multiple Preview Options in Listed Tools
- Normal Email: One can easily view email details such as date, time, subject, from, to, cc, bcc etc
- Hex: This mode permits the user to view the Hex code of offline mails. It is very beneficial when it comes to forensic investigation.
- Properties: With this mode, one can view associated properties: message class, size, header ID, body details etc.
- Message Header: One can easily view message header details of emails such as date, sender etc. This mode is very important for forensic examiners to carve evidence.
- MIME: This mode allows the user to view non-text attachments such as video, images, audio and other multimedia file.
- HTML: With this mode, the user can view mail in HyperText Markup Language format. One can see content with tags also.
- RTF: This mode allows to preview email in plain text with symbols like #, $ etc.
- Attachments: One can easily see attachments associated with email message. One can easily download attachments also.
When a user needs to explore files with multiple preview options without any application then it becomes a challenging task. So, to make this task hassle-free one can opt for software. With these utilities, the user can easily analyze all email files with the help of multiple preview modes. Moreover, multiple preview modes such as Message Header, MIME, Properties, Hex etc. makes easy for forensic investigators to examine files.