Learn How to Backup Outlook Contacts File in Bulk Securely
Summary: Here, you will learn about how to properly backup Outlook Contacts. If you are also looking for the same then you must read this post. In this blog, we will provide two effective methods that you can use to back up contacts from Outlook to external hard drive.
Data is always important for all of us and to prevent the problem of data loss we take backup of our important data regularly. Similarly, most Outlook users want to back up contacts on an external hard drive so that it is easy to access Outlook contacts on another computer.
Table of Content
Different Needs to Copy Contacts from Outlook Account
A backup becomes necessary in case you accidentally delete your data.
Moreover, backing up important data helps you recover when your account is attacked by ransomware.
Also, it is better to backup Outlook contacts in case you cannot access your files when the server is down. In such a situation, it is very important to have a backup file so that it does not hinder your work.
Plus, if someone hacks your data, you don’t want to lose it forever, so a backup helps.
Users prefer to use external hard drives to store information outside their computers. The main feature of an external drive is to protect important data that can be recovered in case the source device gets damaged.
Manually Backup Outlook Contacts to External Hard Drive
Outlook provides option to export contacts by default on desktop. Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Firstly, run your Outlook application and click on File menu.
- Select Open & Export and then choose Import/Export option.
- Now, just select the Export to a File and Click Next.
- In this case, choose Common Separated Value file format and hit the Next button.
- Then, select the Contacts Folder which you want to export.
- Thereafter, choose location to save contacts and map the custom fields. Finally, hit the Finish button to complete the backup process using manual method.
As a result, the CSV file is created successfully that you can easily move to your external hard drive.
What to Do When Microsoft Outlook is Not Installed?
As PST file is only accessible with Outlook application and If you do not have Outlook on the system. Then the only solution to backup Outlook contacts in bulk is FreeViewer Outlook to vCard Export Tool. This software supports to backup all the contacts to required file format without Outlook installation.
It is powerful enough to transfer multiple PST files contacts in a single attempt. Moreover, the tool supports all Outlook versions including Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and others.
Using this tool, it become easy for you to backup contacts from both ANSI and UNICODE type PST. In addition, the software, supports all editions of all Windows OS versions such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. Hence, you can simply use the tool to transferring contacts from large sized files without data loss and corruption issues.
Now, you can follow the below listed steps to backup contacts from Outlook with all attributes.
Tool Steps to Backup Outlook Contacts to Without Outlook
Step 1. Download the tool and launch it on your system.
Step 2. Now, add PST files or folder in the software panel to backup contacts. If required, you can select the Auto scan the file from the default location.
Step 3. Here, you can preview contacts list and click on Export option from top.
Step 4. Afterwards, select vCard or any file format as file saving format from the list.
Step 5. In this step, choose desired path for saving resultant file.
Step 6. Finally, mouse-click on Export button and the process will start immediately.
Done! Once the conversion process is complete, you can review your resultant file containing all the contacts from the selected location.
Why Choose This Professional Tool for Backup?
- Batch Conversion: The tool supports to backup all the contacts from multiple PST files in a single attempt with accuracy. Then, later on you can import Outlook contacts to Android phone as well to connect with people.
- No Outlook Required: Moreover, this tool is a standalone utility and does not require installation of Outlook application to perform backup.
- Scan Option: Likewise, this software offers the ability to scan and check corruption issues from added Outlook data contacts file.
- Windows Supportive: Furthermore, you can quickly download it on all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 11, 10, etc.
- Choose Destination: With the tool, you can freely choose the target storage location for saving the resulting files. If you do not choose the destination location, the output file will be automatically saved on the desktop.
- Supports all Outlook Versions: The software supports loading the PST files exported from MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and other editions file without any compatibility issues.
The Final Words
This blog discussed the top ways to back up Outlook contacts without data modification. Here, using the manual method, you can back up contacts individually. To overcome this limitation, we also discussed about professional tools. This allows you to remove a copy of the All Contacts file from the Outlook account or keep it on a hard drive.