How to Import Contacts from Excel to Android Phone? Ingenious Ways
Looking for a solution to seamlessly import contacts from Excel to Android phone? Then you are on the right page. In this blog, we discuss both manual and automatic solutions to transfer Excel files to Android phones.
In this digital era, smartphones are ruling our lives and almost users are using mobile devices that are running on Android Operating System. Well, smartphones are actually important to establish communication, however, without contact information of individuals, it is completely impossible to do so. Today, several professionals manage all their contact information such as name of the person, email address, home/business address, image etc., in Excel files. It is so because these files are convenient to store a large amount of data. Then, why users need to transfer Excel contacts to Android phone?
In order to answer such questions, we have come up with this technical guide. So, if you are one among those users who save their contact information in Excel sheets and now need to import contacts from Excel file to Android phone then, you are on the right-solution page. Here, you will get complete detail along with all possible and simple solutions to execute this task in an efficient manner. So, let us get started now.
How to Import Contacts from Excel to Android Phone?
Move Excel file to Android phone is not an easy task because we cannot directly import Excel file into our Android devices. It is so because Android mobile phones support vCard aka.vcf file format to import and access contacts. Hence, first, we have to convert the Excel contacts to vCard file format to make it accessible and readable for the Android phone. Only after that, import operation can be performed.
Note: vCard is an electronic business card that incorporates all the details about contacts. It is compatible with almost all email client applications, web services, cloud services, devices, etc.
Transfer Excel Contacts to Android Phone – Manually
The complete manual process to move Excel contacts to Android smartphone, is divided into four major steps. It is recommended to execute the steps sequentially and carefully.
Step 1. Convert Excel File into CSV
Step 2. Extract Contacts from CSV
After converting Excel workbook into CSV file format, you need to import the contacts from this CSV file. Below are the steps for same:
- On your computer, hit Windows logo button and type contacts in Search Box. Click Contacts option under Programs list
- The Contacts wizard will be opened on your screen. In order to import the contacts from CSV file, select Import tab
- In ‘Import to Windows Contacts’ pop-up, select CSV (Comma Separated Values) from the menu list and hit Import button to continue further
- Next, add the CSV file to import. Click on Browse to locate the file
- Choose the CSV file from which from want to import the contacts to your computer. Click Open
- The selected CSV will be listed in the edit box. Click on Next to continue
- All the text along with contacts fields will be shown here. Now, map them appropriately. For instance, click on the Name of the Employee field
- Select contact field from here. For instance, choose Name field if you have chosen Name of the Employee. Hit OK button
- Map all fields in the same manner. Once the mapping of contacts fields and text is done, click Finish to begin the import process
Automatic Solution to Import Contacts From Excel to Android Phone
You may get confused after following the manual way. This method takes a lot of time due to the lengthy process. So if you need to quickly convert Excel files to VCF format without loss any contacts details. Then, use the FreeViewer Software. This is the simplest and professionally tested solution.
- Install & Open the software. Click Add file to select Files
- Select vCard Version as per your need
- Click the Change button to provide the location
- Click Convert and complete the conversion process.
Import vCard to Android Phone
Now, you have a vCard to which you can simply import contacts from Excel to Android phone with the help of following guidelines:
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and configure it properly. Select all VCF contacts and hit right click on it. Highlight Send To option to move address book to your device and from the option list select your device name
- Now, disconnect the USB Cable from computer and open contacts in your phone. Click Setting and select Manage Contacts
- Choose Import / Export option
- After this, select Import vCard Files (VCF) from.. and hit Import button
- Navigate to the location to import contacts from Excel to Android
- Select the VCF contacts files. Click Done
- Browse a destination location, where you need to save the resultant VCF Files. Tap the Phone option
- Now, simply access the imported contacts from your contact list.
Time to Wrap Up
Most of the computer users utilize Excel workbooks to store their contacts information for a long time. Sometimes due to personal or professional reasons, users may require to transfer Excel contacts to Android smartphones. Hence, in this article we have focused on some simple techniques to import contacts from Excel to Android Phone. Now, users can opt any solution as per their necessities.