If you have problems with Outlook or items are not in your inbox, you can use this article to troubleshoot and fix repair your Outlook personal folder file issue.
Outlook data files are usually very reliable, but can eventually become inoperable or corrupt. As a result, every desktop version of Outlook comes bundled with a repair tool that automatically troubleshoots and fixes .ost file problems.
This FreeViewer guide provides steps to repair corrupted data files, steps to recover missing items from Inbox, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, and problems opening older versions using .ost file.
How to Repair and Recover Orphaned or Corrupted OST Files?
This FreeViewer guide recommends using OST Recovery Tool to repair and restore Outlook corrupt or orphaned OST files. This software easily supports OST files for Outlook versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Manual Steps to Repair Your Outlook Personal Folder File .ost
Whether you are using an Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook.com account, to resolve the issue with the .ost file, close the email app and then follow these steps:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on User Accounts
3. Click on Mail option
4. In Mail Setup Windows, click on Show Profile option
5. Select the Profile whose account you want to fix (The default profile is “Outlook”)
6. Next, click on Properties option
7. Click on Email Accounts button
8. Click on Data File option
9. Select the Targeted Account which need to fix
10. Next, click on Open File Location option
11. Click the Close button in the Account Settings, Mail Settings, and Mail windows
12. Right-click the problematic account’s .ost file and select the Delete option.
After completing these steps, reopen the desktop version of Outlook and recreate the .ost file for the account you want to repair.
How to Recreate OST File in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to recreate OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 version:
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook, click on File >> Info >> Account Settings option
2. In the Account Settings window, select the E-mail tab and select Microsoft Exchange. The system displays the Change E-mail Account
3. Click the More Settings button
4. In the Microsoft Exchange window, select Advanced tab
5. Click Offline Folder File Settings
6. In the File field, type the path of the OST file
7. Click OK. The system names the OST file as Outlook.ost. If a file with the same name already exists in the system, you will be prompted for a new file name
8. Click OK, and then click Finish.
After the process, repair your Outlook personal folder file error has been resolved. Now you can easily use Outlook with the new OST file on your Windows machine.
Repair Your Outlook Personal Folder File .ost Error – Resolved
As highlighted in this FreeViewer guide, repair your Outlook personal folder file error is due to various reasons or OST file corruption. Proposed the best manual method to resolve the error and Software solution to recover corrupted OST file.