Fix Errors Outlook Hotmail Connector Synchronization Error 4350 and 4202
Microsoft Outlook Hotmail connector is used for the synchronization of Outlook account with an account of Windows Live Hotmail. Sometimes when Outlook is in process of synchronization with Hotmail, a send and receive error can occur. This error leads to the disturbance in the process of synchronization and users look for the method to resolve the error of Outlook Hotmail Connector not working. Therefore, in the upcoming part of the blog, we will discuss the errors 4350 and 4202. We will see the major reason behind both the errors along with their resolution. However, before that see the error message a user will receive in case of send/receive an error of Outlook Hotmail Connector synchronization.
The code of the error depends upon the error occurs the system. There are different reasons behind the error as mentioned below:
Reason of Outlook Hotmail Connector Synchronization Error
During the process of synchronization, the Outlook Hotmail Connector also synchronizes the entire list of all blocked and safe sender. This error occurs when the addresses are available in both Blocked Senders and Safe Senders list.
The reason behind this error code is the addresses that contain invalid characters. These invalid characters include “! # $%*/?^_~”
Solution to Resolve the Error Code 4350
To resolve this error, users need to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to open the profile in Microsoft Outlook that contains MS Outlook Hotmail Connector account in it.
- After this, you need to Select the option of Inbox
- Now, click on the tab of Home and click on Junk
- Choose Junk E-mail option from the drop-down menu
- Then, browse the list of the address of the Blocked Senders and Safe Senders.
- To proceed further, you need to eliminate the addresses that are common from one of the lists. You can do this as per the requirement. If there is a requirement to block the address, then remove it from the list of Safe Senders and vice-versa.
- Click on the option of Apply and click on OK button to save the changes.
- Finally, click on the Send/Receive option and update the changes to the server.
Solution to Resolve the Error code 4202
To rectify this error, users need to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, open Microsoft Outlook program to open Outlook profile that has Outlook Hotmail Connector account in it.
- Then, choose the Inbox, which is followed by the click on Home and on Junk
- After, this from the drop- down menu, you need to choose the option of Junk E-Mail
- Now, browse the address list of the Blocked Senders & Safe Senders
- Delete those addresses, which have invalid characters in them.
- Then, click on the option of Apply and then OK. click on OK will save all the changes
- Finally, click on Send/Receive option to update the modifications to the server.
Important Note: Do not add the address of all the junk email to the Blocked Sender’s list to prevent the errors. Moreover, add the addresses that are safe in the Contacts folder.
From the above-discussed blog, we have learned that the error occurs during the synchronization of the Outlook Hotmail Connector is reported as 4350. It is sometimes reported as 4202. Both the errors indicate the issue with the synchronization of the junk E-mail settings. However, it is easy to resolve the error of Outlook Hotmail Connector not working from the above-discussed solutions. For the proper resolution follow methods as per the requirement or error code.