How to Perform Smooth Data Transitioning from GroupWise to Exchange Online
All the time access to important files and documents has become a part of basic need in the present world. Web access to files allows users to access their files from anywhere in the world using Internet. That is why data transitioning from desktop-based email platforms like GroupWise to different cloud services e.g. Exchange Server is gaining popularity. In this write-up, users will know how to perform smooth data transition from GroupWise to Exchange Online. Before moving to the solution, have a look at the needs of this migration. Two way solution: first migrate GroupWise to Outlook then upload resultant file into Exchange Online.
Reasons for GroupWise to Exchange Online Data Transition
GroupWise users want to transfer their data into Exchange Online for multiple reasons. Once a GroupWise user transfers their data to Exchange Online, they can avail all the benefits offered by the cloud-based email host. Some prominent reasons for GroupWise to Exchange Online data import are listed below:
- Evolving Demand for New Technology: The business world is forever evolving and there is always a demand for new technology. Users need to migrate from GroupWise to avail the latest facilities of Exchange Online.
- Merging between Multiple Organizations: If two organizations are merging and one is using Exchange Online, the other organization might want to migrate its GroupWise data to Exchange Online.
- Cloud Support for Current Email Client: GroupWise support for cloud services is small in number. To use the facility of Microsoft cloud service, GroupWise data can be migrated to Exchange Online.
- Attractive Perks of Exchange Online: Exchange Online offers a number of benefits to its users. These include cost reduction, enhanced productivity of the users, anytime anywhere email access, etc.
Methods of Migrating GroupWise Data to Exchange Online
The article just discussed some of the manifold reasons behind migration of GroupWise to Exchange Online. The process of transferring data from GroupWise to Exchange Online can be divided into two parts. The parts are described below:
Solution 1: Convert GroupWise Mailbox Data into Outlook PST Format
There is no such manual method through which the data of GroupWise mailbox can be converted to Microsoft Outlook PST files. Yet, this step in mandatory to complete the GroupWise data migration to Exchange Online. To perform this essential step of data transition, users can take the help of GroupWise to PST Converter. This software can take convert all types of GroupWise data into PST files. It can even export multiple files at the same time. The utility creates Unicode PST after conversion and preserves the integrity of data.
Solution 2: Import MS Outlook PST Files to Exchange Online
Once the PST files have been created, it the time to import the files to Exchange Online. This can be done in two ways. Both the ways are discussed here for the benefit of the readers.
Using Azure AzCopy
- First, download Azure Azcopy and install it in the system. Copy SAS URL (To convert PST files to Azure, this URL will render the required permission.)
- Now, you can upload all the PST files into Exchange Online
- To finish this process, users want to display Outlook PST files that have been uploaded
- At this point, it is mandatory to create a new PST import mapping file in CSV format
- Finally, users can create PST import job in Exchange Online.
Use Drive Shipping
- In the beginning, take a BitLocker-encrypted hard disk and copy a PST file in it
- Migrate the drive physically to Microsoft
- Once the flash drive is received by Microsoft, the process of uploading received PST files will start on the Temporary path of Exchange Online cloud
- In the end, the import service of Exchange Online to import PST file will be available for the users.
In the above discussion, the ways to perform smooth data transitioning from GroupWise to Exchange Online are described. Whatever might be the need of the users, they can easily follow the methods mentioned above to transfer their GroupWise data to Exchange Online without any problem.