IBM Lotus Notes email application is used to manage all mailboxes data items such as emails, calendar, events, tasks, meeting and appointments etc in .nsf format. But in some situation, there are multiple physical and logical errors which are associated with Lotus Notes. Because of these errors, it may possible that NSF files get corrupted. In this article, we will discuss various reasons for NSF file corruption and how to resolve Lotus Notes 9.0 Error RRV Bucket Corrupt.
Common Reasons behind NSF Database Corruption
- Internal Issues with the Operating System
- Incompatibility with another installed application
- Software malfunctioning & mishandling
- Dirty shutdown of the computer system
- Unexpected hardware failure
- NSF file header corruption
- Virus or spyware attacks
- Damaged RRV bucket
What is Lotus Notes 9 Error RRV Bucket Corrupt?
RRV means Record Relocation Vector. It is a Notes table that acts as the vector which points to the NSF Database & tells Notes where to search a specific NoteID. Sometimes, when a user tries to open emails in the IBM Lotus Notes 9 application, then RRV bucket displays the specified notes or object identifiers in the NSF database. In such situation where the RRV bucket gets corrupt then, Lotus Notes cannot locate the specified object identifier. After that, the NSF database fails to open any objects for creating new replica & an error message displays on the computer screen “RRV bucket is corrupt”.
Also, There are some other probable situations where users may receive this Lotus Notes error RRV bucket corrupt message. Some of these scenarios are discussed in the next section.
Possible Causes & Resolution of Lotus Notes Error RRV Bucket Corrupt
Reason 1: Corruption in Bookmarks or Icons
Solution: In order to repair corrupted icons or bookmarks, follow the steps given below:
- First, close the Lotus Notes 9.0 program
- Then, try to rename the names.nsf with names.old
- After that, delete the bookmarks.nsf file
- In next step, rename the desktop7.dsk with desktop7.old
- Now, create a new copy of the notes.ini file and edit it.
After performing all these five steps, new names.nsf, desktop7.dsk & bookmarks are created.
Reason 2: Corruption in Database and Templates
Solution: To recover the corrupt database and templates, one can use the Lotus Repair in-built utility by following these steps:
- First of all, restore the information from the latest database backup file
- After that, use R fixup -f command, then use compact -c -i command to recover the corrupt database and templates.
Reason 3: Corruption in Archived Database
Solution: Archived database has corrupted due to the large size of the mailbox. In order to fix the Lotus Notes error RRV bucket corrupt archive problem, follow the steps below:
- Recover mailbox files from the backup of the database
- Generate a new archive database by using backup file
Create the new Archive Lotus Notes
- First of all, click on the File menu >> Database >> Properties option
- If you are using Lotus 8, then click on the File menu >> Applications >> Properties option
- In next step, click on the “i” tab
- Then, the Disk space clearly displays the amount of space utilized by the Lotus Notes data to the users
- Now, you can easily set the desired Archive settings
- After that, open the Lotus Notes email application
- Then, to open the Mail settings, click on the Actions >> Archive >> Settings
- Next, in the Criteria tab, check the Default for last modified option
- At last, click on the OK button & apply the Criteria.
Schedule the Archive in Automatic Manner
- First, open the Lotus Notes program
- Then, go to the Actions >> Archive >> Settings option
- After that, select the Schedule archiving option from the Schedule tab
- Finally, you can easily choose the desired date and time to process file archive automatically.
Manual Method to Archive Lotus Notes
- First of all, open the Lotus Notes program then open folder that a user wants to archive
- After that, click on the Actions >> Archive >> Archive Now option
- At last, to start the archiving process, click on the Yes option
Archive using Drag and Drop Option
- First, open the required mail or folder in the Lotus Notes application that you want to archive
- After that, select the message or number of messages that you want to archive then, simply drag these messages and drop them into the Archive folder in the Navigation pane.
As we know, corruption is one of the major problems for the user who is using Lotus Notes 9 email application. Therefore, in the above section, we have discussed all possible causes along with its manual solutions to resolve the RRV bucket corruption issue in Lotus Notes. Depending upon these causes, a user can easily find the cure of RRV bucket corruption issue in this post. In case, if all the mentioned solutions do not work properly then, one can use the professional tool named as NSF to Outlook Converter for resolving the issue without any risk. By using this fabulous software, users can easily understand how to resolve Lotus Notes error RRV bucket corrupt and fix this RRV bucket corrupt error message.