Free IMAP Migration Tool to Migrate Emails Between IMAP Accounts
Want to transfer your IMAP server emails to another IMAP-enabled account? Then, the FreeViewer IMAP Mail Migration Tool is the solution for you. So, keep up with the article till the end to find out more about the software.
IMAP-enabled accounts let you access your email wherever you are, from any device you want. Basically, when you access an email using IMAP, it doesn’t download or store the emails on your computer. Instead, you actually read the emails from the server. That’s why you can check your email from different devices, anywhere in the world: your phone, a computer, or a friend’s computer.
Anyways, at times, when you plan on changing your mail provider or simply want to move your emails to your new mailing address, then you need to migrate your emails between the IMAP configured accounts.
So, to perform the migration, you are going to take the help of professional IMAP migration software. If you are thinking ‘why’ then let’s have a look at the reason.
Why Do You Need A Professional Migration Solution?
There are numerous IMAP servers on the market, they all work differently, and finding a manual migration solution that can work for all is nearly impossible. Since we receive a number of queries related to troubleshooting the IMAP to IMAP migration problem, we recommend users to opt for the FreeViewer IMAP Migration Tool which is a convenient & free option, and on top of it, this one-stop solution that is fit for all.
Now, if you are wondering why this software, then refer to the next section.
Why Use The IMAP Email Migration Software?
First of all, it comes with a demo version which is completely free of cost.
Secondly, the IMAP migration tool automatically migrate IMAP mailbox from one IMAP account to another without any hassle. As a result, the whole process makes it easier for both technical and non-technical users.
Most importantly, it supports almost all domains- Gmail, Outlook, AOL, Yahoo, Zoho, and iCloud to name a few and other different domains are also supported by the free IMAP migration tool.
Apart from the tool being free, it provides other various benefits. Such as,
- It offers multiple options to filter emails for migration. You just need to choose the time period by setting the ‘From’ and ‘To’ dates.
- Through Delta migration, you can migrate newly arrived emails only. That means you will not find any duplicate emails at the destination account.
- The tool lets you perform concurrent email migration and also, throughout the migration, it keeps the folder structure intact.
Above all, the free IMAP migration tool supports mac OS. You can download the latest free version of the software & run the same on your mac device.
System Specification of the Tool
The software solution comes with free as well as paid versions. And, both versions have the same system specifications.
Supported Mac OS versions:
Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 12.0, 12.5
Offers Free Demo:
Hard Disk Space Required:
100 MB free hard disk space required
Mac system with Intel processor
Mac system with Apple M1 chip
Other System Requirements:
- Make sure to install Java JDK 1.8.0 & JRE 8 in the operating system.
- Ensure that IMAP is enabled beforehand.
- If 2-step Authentication is enabled, then use App Password to login in. Or you need to disable the 2-step authentication.
- Use the App password to log in.
- Turn on Less Secure App.
Best Features of FreeViewer IMAP Migration Tool
Have a look at the advanced characteristics of the tool.
- User-friendly Interface: The graphical user interface design of the software makes it easier for the users to work with the tool.
- Unlimited Email Migration: With the paid version of the tool, you can transfer any number of emails between IMAP accounts. You don’t need to download your email to your local drive cause it directly migrates between your email accounts.
- Conveniently Start & Stop Anytime: The tool provides a unique feature through which you can start and stop the migration process at your convenience. This feature comes in handy when you have poor internet connectivity.
- Monitor The Real-time Progress: The IMAP migration tool generates the real-time report so that you can keep an eye on the success and fail count of emails that are being migrated.
Steps to Perform IMAP to IMAP Migration
The software steps are really simple to carry out. Have a look at the same.
Step-1: Download the free tool and run it on your system.
Step-2: Fill in your source account User Name & Password then validate the same.
Step-3: Fill in your destination User Name & Password then validate the same.
Step-4: Once you validate the source & destination IMAP accounts, click on the Add button to map the user accounts.
Step-5: Next, click on Advanced Settings to apply the date filter and other settings. Next, click on the Attach Source Account Treecheckbox to maintain the folder hierarchy at the destination account.
Step-6: At last, press the Start Migration button to proceed further.
Note: If you are using the free IMAP migration tool then you will be able to migrate only 100 emails. That’s why it’s suggested to opt for the full version for migrating unlimited emails.
For whatever reason, you have decided to perform a migration between two IMAP accounts, in the end, you are going to need an IMAP migration tool to carry out the process. That’s why we’ve discussed a reliable solution for your reference. You can download the free version of the tool and carry on with the migration. If you have any queries regarding the tool then you can refer to the commonly asked questions section.