Do you want to manage Outlook data files into one place? Looking for a solution to combine multiple PST files into one? If yes, then your query will be sorted here. In this article, we will discuss some simple and quick tricks to merge Outlook data files. When we start explaining the solution, let’s know about the PST File and why a user needs to merge multiple PST files into one.
What is PST File?
We all know Microsoft Outlook, the most popular and favorite desktop-based email clients application. All Outlook data stored in the PST file that is a Personal Storage Table. Basically, it is the database of Outlook which contains emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and much more information. Outlook supports PST file in order to export and import data.
Why Do Users Need to Merge Multiple PST Files Into One?
The user creates several PST files according to their requirements. It is easy to manage PST files if they are in a commonplace. Therefore, users want to merge Outlook data files together. Here are some reasons for the same:
- The size of PST file is limited i.e. 2 GB for ANSI and 50 GB for UNICODE
- To prevent data from loss or accidental deletion
- The user wants to access multiple Outlook PST files on different computers
- Avoid opening multiple PST files to save time and efforts.
There are two solutions for almost all issues related to data recovery, data migration and merging multiple data. One is manual and the second is the automated solution. Same as there are also two solutions to merge multiple PST files into one. The first is a manual method and the second is a third-party solution. Here we are going to discuss both methods step by step.
Manually Combine Multiple PST Files into One
The manual process has two parts to merge Outlook data files i.e. create a new PST file and then import PST data into newly created PST file.
- Click New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- A new window will appear “Create or Open Outlook Data File”. Give a name to this new file and click OK.
- The new Outlook PST file will be highlighted in the navigation pane.
- Next, click File tab >> Open >> Import.
- “Import and Export Wizard” will appear, select Import from another program or file option and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option from the list of the file type to import from and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the PST file to import. If you do not want to import duplicates, click “Do not import duplicates” and then hit the Next button.
- Select the folder to import from. Check the box “Include subfolders” and “Import items into the same folder“.
- Finally, click on Finish.
Drawbacks of Manual Approach
The manual process is completely free, but it is very lengthy. There is also no guarantee of a safe & secure result. So, it is better to go with the alternate method to smoothly and quickly merge multiple PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 without data loss issues.
Simple Way to Combine Multiple PST Files Into One
Outlook PST Merge Tool is an excellent and powerful utility to merge or join PST files together. This application only takes a few moments to combine PST archive files. Any technical and non-technical users can easily access this tool because of its simple and easy to use interface.
First, Download, Install and Run the tool on your machine.
Steps to Merge Multiple PST files into one are as follows;
1. Click on “Add Files” or “Add Folders” to load PST files.
2. Choose Option – Merge or Join PST Files.
3. Choose any option: Merge with an Existing PST, New PST or Outlook Profile.
4. Choose required options to manage Outlook data files.
5. Hit on the Next button.
Why Choose Outlook PST File Merge Tool?
- Able to consolidate PST files together with emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, etc.
- Join PST files into a new PST, existing PST or Outlook profile.
- Provides supports to merge calendars to manage multiple calendars in Outlook
- Facility to merge and remove duplicate Outlook emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes and journals..
- Maintains the integrity of data while combining multiple Outlook PST files.
- Supports all MS Outlook editions like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
- Ability to combine PST archive files and password protected files.
- Works with all Windows Versions i.e. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and others.
Here we discussed the manual and direct solution to combine multiple PST files into one. We also mentioned the limitations and disadvantages of the manual method. Therefore, to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one instantly and easily, it is better to use an alternate solution. This way it is easy to manage Outlook data like contacts, mailbox, calendars, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
PST Merge software is a professional solution to merge unlimited PST data files into one. There is no limit of file number, size, ANSI or UNICODE PST files.
There is no direct way to merge archive PST files. However, using the Merge PST tool is the best option to combine multiple archives. This will give you accurate result in a few moments.
You can merge multiple inboxes into one to make them appear in one inbox.
1. Download and install the PST file merge application
2. Select the Merge option
3. Select Merge Into Existing PST option
4. Click Next.