Top 2 Ways to Save Mac Mail Email as PDF File
There are plenty of reasons due to which users want to save Mac Mail email as PDF format. Whatever be the reason, you need an efficient method that does the same work. So, this technical guide is written for all users that want to export Apple Mail email into PDF. The workarounds described here are very simple and can be executed by every user.
How Many Mac Mail Message Needs to Convert in Universal PDF Format?
Before going to save email as PDF from Apple Mail, it is important to know the numbers of mails that you need to archive in Portable Document Format. According to the frequency of messages, the two methods are described here.
- Save Single Email Using Apple Mail
- Automated Method for bulk conversion
Method #1: Save Mac Mail Email As PDF Using Mac Mail Interface
In such a situation, when users only want to save a few Apple Mail messages in PDF file on macOS, then they can use this workaround. Now, go through the below instructions to save Apple Mail message as PDF.
- Start the Apple Mail application.
- After that, opt the mail that you need to convert in PDF format.
- Now, you need to go to the File tab and choose Export as PDF option.
- Browse the location to save the output file & hit the Save button.
Apart from this method, you can also try this workaround.
- Open the email in Mac Mail.
- Now, either select File >> Print or press Command along with P key to open print wizard.
- After that, you need to opt for Save as PDF option and choose a place where you want to save the message.
It is a complete procedure to save a single message of Mac Mail as PDF. The problem associated with this procedure is that it cannot convert multiple emails in PDF format in one shot. That is why you need to choose the second workaround for the same.
ISSUES with THIS Method
No Custom Option
Hence, it is recommended to opt for a proven and professional tool.
Method #2: Save Mac Mail Emails as PDF in Bulk
In such a situation when the user has a bulk number of emails and needs to convert in PDF, then they cannot use the above method. For this, they need an efficient and intelligent utility named as Mac MBOX Converter.
Download Now Purchase Now
It is an easy-to-use utility that effortlessly converts the one or more Apple Mail MBOX file(s) into PDF format in one go. Adding to it, the utility also exports Mac Mail emails along with attachment in Outlook PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, and Browser-compatible HTML format. This utility can be easily installed on Mac OS X 10.8/ 10.9/ 10.10/ 10.11/ macOS 10.12/ macOS 10.13/ macOS 10.14.
Above all, a summary report of saving email as PDF from Apple Mail process is provided by the software in CSV format. This report includes information related to Source File, Destination, Mail Count etc that can be used in the future for analyses. Now, follow the below steps to save Mac Mail email as PDF.
Step 1 – Take MBOX File From Apple Mail Client
1. Start the Mac Mail application.
2. After that, you need to select a folder such as Inbox, Draft whose messages you want to save in MBOX file.
3. Now, right-click on a Mailbox >> Export Mailbox from the menu.
4. Provide a location and hit the Choose button.
5. Wait for a minute to create MBOX. Once the file has created, go to the second step.
Step 2: Save Email as PDF From Apple Mail MBOX Via. Software
Once you got the .mbox file, download and install the MBOX Converter. Afterward, go through the below instructions.
1. Open software and click on Add File to upload the MBOX file that exported above.
2. If you want to convert selected folder in PDF, then select the checkbox of desired folder from the left side panel.
3. After that, select the radio button labeled as PDF under the Select Export Type. Opt for Maintain Folder Hierarchy, if you need it.
4. As per requirement, click on Advanced Settings to open its wizard. Here, you can select Naming Convention option and Email Date filter for selective conversion of Mac Mail email in PDF.
5. You are also free to customize the page layout and size as per your terms.
6. The tool also offers Bates Number and Date Number facility. Set the values that you need and click on Save.
7. Finally, Browse a location for resultant PDF File and click on Export.
Bringing It All Together
Many users often ask – how to save Mac Mail email as PDF. So, we considered this query and provide two workarounds for the same. Now, first, analyze how much emails you need to save in .pdf and opt the method according to it.