How to Open MBOX File With / Without Thunderbird Email Client?
The MBOX file (short for the mailbox) stores an email collection. Email programs and various online Web systems can output data in MBOX file format. Some email programs such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail can browse and open data from MBOX files, or the user can select an advanced free MBOX Viewer tool to open MBOX file.
What is MBOX File?
The MBOX file is a standard file format used to store multiple emails. They are dedicated text files that store emails as plain text, separated by headers. They can store email attachments (including their content) and files encoded in a standardized way.
How to Open MBOX in Thunderbird?
You can easily open a mailbox with a free Thunderbird email client. Just install Thunderbird and follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open Thunderbird >> Menu >> Account Settings.
2. In Account Settings >> Local Folders >> Browse MBOX Files Containing Folder.
3. Thunderbird will Popup Windows to Restart. Click “Restart”.
4. Open File in Thunderbird under the “Local Folders”.
Open MBOX File with Thunderbird by Import Export Tool
One more solution to open mailbox file in Thunderbird is to use ImportExportTools NG. You need to add extension and follow the steps given below:
1. Right Click on User Mailbox and Select ImportExportTools NG.
2. In ImportExportTools NG Option, Select Import MBOX File from Drop Down.
3. Next, Check Import Directly One or More MBOX Files Option.
4. Select Required MBOX File and Open in Thunderbird.
How to Open MBOX without Any Email Client?
If you do not want to open an MBOX file in Thunderbird or other e-mail programs, you can use other methods to open its contents. You can download the expert tool, which allows you to browse the data of the MBOX file. The program provides various functions to open emails and attachments of MBOX files. Easily open MBOX file in chrome, Firefox, edge browser with HTML view modes.
This is a great software that allows users to open Windows or Mac-based MBOX files. With the help of the tool, open mailbox files from more than 20 email applications. In addition, get a preview of MBOX files from any email clients on Windows OS 10, 8, 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) & Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2008.
- Open MBOX email smartly with related contacts, calendar information
- Independent of any email client to open .mbox files with email attributes
- Free tool supports MBOX files based on Windows and Mac email clients
- No file size limit, ability to open and browse emails for forensic analysis
- Dual-mode scanning options to browse and open damaged MBOX files
- Simple and easy to use a free utility to open mailbox files and folders
Step by Step Guide to Browse MBOX File Format
Follow the below mentioned steps process using the software:
1. Launch the tool. Click on Option to Add File.
2. Get Multiple Preview Modes: Normal, Hex, Message Header, etc.
Note: But If the user want to export or print the file Upgrade to Pro for Export, Search, and Print Options.
Now you get solution to open MBOX files with Thunderbird and without any email clients. Both the ways are free to use in any Windows OS such as Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008. The first method depends on email client installation and the second one is the independent tool.