Migrate Outlook 2011 Mac to Apple Mail – An A to Z Guide
Are you seeking the ultimate solution to migrate Outlook 2011 Mac to Apple Mail? If your answer is affirmative. Then, stay with us for a while you will get all your queries solved.
To have a clear glance at the topic let us see the User’s Queries
I have a Mac Outlook database on my Windows 11 PC that I need in Apple Mail compatible file,” I have to send these emails to the senior executive officer for an upcoming assignment. I know very little about the Mac OS file system, and there is no one else I can delegate this duty to. Please suggest the best solution that can help me and resolve my request instantly, as it is very important for me.”
Both Outlook for Mac and Apple Mail are Mac OS-based email clients, but they support different file formats for their databases. As a result, it is not possible to transfer Mac Outlook 2019, 2016 to Apple Mail directly.
However, there is a two-part technique for this migration process. If you like to know the correct and accurate procedure, this is the right platform for you. Here, we will explain the most convenient and easy solutions to help you in every manner.
Possible Reasons to Transfer Mac Outlook 2019,2016 to Apple Mail
Well, there is no specific reason for doing this migration. This totally depends upon the users why they want to import Outlook 2011Mac to Apple Mail. After considering the scenario, we have listed some of them:
- The user is facing multiple errors using Mac Outlook.
- If you are switching from one job to another and there it is compulsory to use the Apple Mail email application.
- Mac Outlook data file gets corrupted and now the user wants to fix it and convert it into a mailbox file.
- Users want to organize multiple OLM files into an interactive Apple Mail email client.
Read More: How to Export Outlook for Mac to MBOX File Format
Different Ways to Resolve the Issue
We have two different ways to solve the request. In the upcoming section, we have elaborated on the working steps of the software.
- Traditional Approach(Not recommended)
- Expert Suggested Software (Secured One)
Migrate Outlook 2011 Mac to Apple Mail Manually
Basically, there is no direct manual approach to import Outlook Mac to the Apple Mail application. To perform the manual method first, we have to extract the file from Mac Outlook and then, import the resultant file to Apple Mail.
First, we will see the manual approach to completing the task. But, before anything else open Mac Outlook on your system.
- Choose the mailbox you want to import
- Next, drag and drop the selected folder to the desktop interface
- Repeat this process until your desired emails are converted
- Now, store all the resultant files in one folder.
Import Mailbox files in Apple Mail
- Firstly, launch the application
- Tap on Files >> mailbox option
- A dialogue box will open, choose MBOX Format
- Press on Continue
- Now look for the mailbox files folder and tap on the Choose to move further
- In the next window preview, all .mbox files. Select or deselect as per requirements
- Lastly, click on the Continue button to import Outlook OLM to Apple Mail.
Hindrances While Using this Approach
- Batch conversion is not possible
- The two-step process, thus making it is a time-consuming procedure.
- Some technical skills are required to perform this approach.
- Users are unable to migrate orphan .olm files to the Apple Mail application
Advanced Approach to Migrate Outlook 2019 Mac to Apple Mail Effortlessly
If the user has little or zeroes technical skills find the manual method tricky and confusing then, they must use the OLM to MBOX Converter to perform the task. The tool has a straightforward UI, anyone can use it.
Along with this, it exports 9+ file formats. Through this magnificent software batch conversion can be done easily without losing the data. The software can perform the task within the seconds. It has an amazing feature that it migrates orphan files to the Apple Mail email application.
It comprises multiple enticing features, but in the below section we are listing a few of them:
- The software supports multiple file naming conventions while transferring .olm files to other files.
- The tool truncates oversized Mac Outlook files to smaller parts to manage them in an organized manner.
- It does not pose any file size restriction while performing the task.
- The software supports all the latest versions of Mac OS.
- It offered the option to scan the files and save the resultant scanned copies.
- It exports OLM files with its attachments
Easy Step by Step Guide of the Software
Initially, download the software from the link given below and then start it. After that follow the steps mentioned in the below section to accomplish the task.
- Firstly, click on the Add Files or Add Folder(s) and tap on the Next button
- From the Export Type option choose MBOX File
- Subsequently, select the destination path by clicking on the Change button
- The destination path will be shown. Click on the Export icon.
In the above article, we have discussed how to migrate Outlook 2011 Mac to Apple Mail. In the blog, we have explained two techniques to complete the task. But as you can see that the manual approach is quite perplexing and time-consuming. And also it has lots of shortcomings, thus to prevent ourselves from all those drawbacks we advise the users to use the automated method. It swiftly does the job without any hassle. Also, it maintains data integrity.