Step by Step Process to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail
“Recently, I switched from Microsoft Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail. Before migrating, I have archived data items including the address book in the PST file. But, yesterday one of the colleagues asked about the contact file as he required. Now, the problem is that my address book is saved in PST format, so it is difficult to fetch into the WLM account. Can someone please help me to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail by using any reliable method?”
Like the above-discussed query, most of the users also want to switch from Outlook to Windows Live Mail. Because, Windows Live Mail offers multiple functionalities like photo mail, more security, RSS feeds, the customized layout of the interface, etc. It also supports web-based email clients like Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail Plus. Hence, in this post, we are going to discuss the process to move Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail in a seamless manner.
Also Read: How to Create VCF from Outlook Contacts
How to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail Manually?
There is no direct method available to export contacts from Outlook PST to Windows Live Mail. So, first, you need to export the Outlook contacts in CSV format and then import the exported CSV file into the Windows Live Mail.
Step 1: Export Contacts from MS Outlook in CSV
In the first step, you need to export the contacts from Microsoft Outlook. For this, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, launch the Microsoft Outlook application on the system
- After that, go to the File menu and select Options
- Now, from the Outlook Options dialog box, select the Advanced option
- Then, select the Export option and an Import and Export dialog box will appear on the screen
- From the Import and Export dialog box, choose the Export to a file option and click on the Next button
- After that, you will see an Export to a file wizard on the computer screen
- Now, select Comma Separated Values (DOS) as the file type from the Export to a file wizard & click on the Next button
- Now, choose the folder to export from the Select folder option
- Then, select Contacts from the list and click on the Next button
- Click on the Browse button and select the desired destination location where the exported file will be saved
- After that, click OK and then press the Next button
- At last, click on the Finish button, and the PST file is saved with the CSV extension.
Step 2: Import CSV File to WLM Account
Now, you need to import the CSV file into the Windows Live Mail by following the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, sign in to Windows Live Mail by using the web browser
- Then, select the Apps button from the top-left corner then choose People
- After that, select the Manage tab & click on the Add People option
- Next, select the Start Import option and choose Other
- Now, navigate the exported CSV file by selecting Choose File option
- Finally, click on the Upload button that will transfer your Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail.
An Ultimate Solution to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail
When you do not want to perform the above discussed long and complex steps to migrate Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail or for batch conversion, you can opt for an automated and trouble-free solution to export PST file without Outlook application.
Because this software is highly recommended for this migration in Mac and Windows OS. Even, you can convert the corrupted or password-protected PST contacts files into CSV format and import them into WLM. In addition, the utility also generates an instant preview of files before starting the conversion process.
Related: Know to Import PST Contacts to Android Device with Manually
Quick Steps to Import Contacts from PST to WLM via CSV
Step 1. Open the tool and insert the PST contacts file.
Step 2. Select CSV file format from the saving list.
Step 3. Browse and select the folder where you want to save the output.
Step 4. Choose Maintain Folder Hierarchy, Save Permanently Deleted Items option.
Step 5. Tab the Export button to finalize the procedure.
After conversion, now you can import the resultant contact file to WLMC.
Import CSV file to Windows Live Mail
- Click on the App icon and select People.
- Go to the Manage tab and click on Add People.
- Click on the Import option and select Other.
- Select the resultant CSV file.
- Hit the Upload button to start the import process.
Read More: Know How to Extract Calendar from PST File
Due to the advancement in technology, people are switching their email clients according to their requirements but their contact list remains the same. Outlook to WLM migration is one of the most common needs. Hence, this blog covers the process to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail by using both manual and automatic methods. However, if a user has corrupted PST files or they do not want to follow the long method, then he or she is suggested to use a professional tool.