MS Exchange Server provides its core services via ESE storage technology or Extensible Storage Engine, which is also known as JET Blue. ESE performs many tasks, but one of the major and crucial tasks of ESE is to accumulate and carry data with the help of a sequential /indexed approach. JET Blue is a pre-configured technology with the provisions to retrieve the crashed database of Exchange. Moreover, it also acts as a major booster for the performance of Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. Go through the article to identify why the Exchange jet engine errors occur and the relevant solution.
Exchange Recovery to Resolve Exchange Mailbox Corruption Issues
A user can take the secure and reliable solution as Exchange Mailbox Recovery Tool to fix Exchange Jet Engine errors. This will help to restore Exchange database files and makes it accessible.
Why Exchange Jet Engine Errors Occur?
One of the major reasons behind the jet engine errors is any kind of damage or corruption in Microsoft Exchange Server database, files, or application. There are some severe kinds of consequences that user may encounter after the Exchange Server jet engine errors. The jet errors are of different kinds. In the below section, we have mentioned some errors, which is followed by the troubleshooting of the corruption in Exchange database 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.
1022 JET errdiskio disk io Error
This error occurs when the disk Input or Output process limits MS Exchange Server to access the page, which is targeted, in the Exchange database. In addition, the 1022 error can be due to the truncated or corrupted file when Exchange Server access page number, which exceeds the total number of pages. One more reason behind the corruption of the Exchange server stored information is due to inefficient transaction log replay activities.
1019 JET_err Page NotInitialized
Such kind of error occurs at the time when the requested page is either uninitialized or empty in the Exchange database. Corruption in the file system gradually leads to corruption in the Exchange Server database and finally becomes the reason behind the 1019 error.
Apart from the above 2 mentioned error, users may also encounter some more jet engine errors. Therefore, acknowledging these errors becomes tough for users. Some errors are:
- The Jet VBA file failed to initialize when called
- JET_errRecordNotFound, the key was not found
- 100 JET_errRfsFailure
- Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine
Troubleshooting MS Exchange Database Corruption
Troubleshooting the database of Exchange server requires an expert solution. This process includes two major things as mentioned below:
Backup of Exchange Server Database
The backup of the data is very important in any case. Therefore, the resolution of the jet engine errors begins with the process of taking up the backup of the entire mailbox of Exchange. For this, users can use Windows Server backup or NTBackup programs.
Troubleshoot with ESEUTIL Switches
Microsoft Exchange Server comes up with important command line systems, which are used for the analysis & restoration of different types of errors and corruptions. To begin this process, you need to launch the command prompt and type the desired ESEUTIL command as per the requirement. These are the commands along with their applications.
- ESEUTIL /c: The command is used to execute the hard recovery of the Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /m: Input the previous command in case you want to dump information about the header info of the Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /D: Specify this command to facilitate the offline defragmentation of the Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /y: Type in the command to execute the copy operation on huge mailboxes of the Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /g: Provide the command to execute the integrity inspection of the Exchange data files.
- ESEUTIL /p: Input the command when you want to recover the corrupted Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /R: This command can perform valuable recovery operations on the Exchange database.
- ESEUTIL /k: Execute the command to begin the analysis of checksum values.
There is no doubt that every platform used for the storage of data or any other purpose, is prone to corruption. Therefore, in the above section, we have discussed the error associated with Exchange Server database 2016, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. We have also gone through the process to rectify or fix Exchange jet engine error. However, it is recommended to take the full backup of the data before going through the process.