Emails Being Deleted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 on Windows 10
During the launch of the Windows 10 Operating system, the bugs which were present in the earlier versions of the operating system has created some issues in the operating system. But the Windows 10 operating system is highly compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016 and still there are many issues and errors that Outlook users have to face. So, one of those errors which are common and the users come across is the emails being deleted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 automatically.
Here, in this article, we will discuss the reasons why emails being deleted automatically and moved to the Deleted Items folder in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 on Windows 10 without the user consent. Also, the solution to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook. A user scenario:
“The user always uses the Microsoft Outlook 2016 for the email communication and the operating system in which the application is working in Windows 10. He created separate folders one for the client which is used to store the emails and communications. Till then everything was working fine till the user upgraded the operating system version to Windows 10 operating system. But after upgrading the system to Windows 10 few emails of the user were deleted in Outlook 2016 with Windows 10 operating system without his consent.”
Reasons why Emails Being Deleted in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
The reasons why emails being deleted automatically and moved to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2016 without the user consent is as follows:
- Automatic deletion of emails in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 is considered as the case in which the emails are moved automatically to the deleted items folder.
- This error also takes place when the user has utilized the ignore feature in Microsoft Outlook. The Ignore feature is available in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and later versions. When it is enabled it moves the emails to the Deleted Items folder automatically.
- The option keeps the track of all the email messages which are related to the same email thread.
Solutions to Recover the Emails Being Deleted in Outlook Error
In order to get over with this error the user first needs to remove the Ignore status from that particular email thread. It is done by performing the following steps:
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook application and then select Deleted Items
- Now select the email message on which the Ignore option has been set
In order to know whether the Ignore option has been set for that particular email user must see the Ignore option in the ribbon. In case it is enabled in that email then the option is highlighted otherwise not. It is done by performing the following steps:
- First, select the Home tab and then click on Ignore tab
- Now in the Prompt bar select the option Stop Ignoring Conversations
After successfully completing all the above-mentioned steps. All the deleted messages are restored back to the original folder where they have previously existed. In addition to this, the users can prevent the emails from being deleted automatically in the Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 while upgrading the operating system to Windows 10.
Microsoft Outlook email client is one of the most used email clients in today’s modern organization. But there are times when the users who were using Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 in Windows 10 operating system their emails were being deleted automatically without their consent. The reason why the emails were getting deleted is that the Ignore option was enabled in Outlook which was moving the emails to the deleted folders. So, in the above sections, we discussed the methods and solutions to counter this problem easily. We hope that this might help the users in getting rid of these Emails Being Deleted in Outlook problem.