Eliminate Duplicate Emails in Outlook | Here’s the Solution
We all know that Microsoft Outlook is a popular desktop email application that is used by both Windows and Mac users. However, after a time period Outlook users discovered email duplication in their Outlook. Now, if you are one of them who looking for a solution to eliminate duplicate emails in Outlook, then this right bog for you.
Basically, then email duplication is defined as the stack of several copies of your mailbox data spacely emails messages in the inbox. Duplicate emails in your PST file not only take up space on your hard drive but also effects the application overall efficiency and productivity.
So it is very important to deal with duplicates so, in this blog post, we’ll go through the top three ways of removing duplicate emails from Outlook.
But, before we get started, let’s look at the causes of duplicate emails in the Outlook PST file.
Common Causes of Email Duplication in an Outlook PST File
- The very first reason is that if you’ve created an IMAP account in Microsoft Outlook and set it up to retry new emails and open the inbox automatically when Outlook starts up, you’ll see that each message is repeated in your mailbox.
- If a user’s network or server is down, a message on the server becomes damaged, causing a duplicate to appear when Outlook starts the Send/Receive process.
- When you check the Leave a copy of the message on the server option in your account settings, Outlook produces duplicate emails every time you send or receive a message.
- If the mail server or Outlook fails to react during the sending and receipt of the message, the prior message will be downloaded on the next sync of your Outlook account.
- If you have more than one alias for the same email account in your Outlook profile, you will very certainly get the same email on the east allies, resulting in several duplicates.
Free Methods to Eliminate Duplicates Emails in Outlook
If you don’t want to remove emails one by one, use these methods to remove duplicate emails from your PST file all at once.
#Method 1: Use the Import/Export Wizard
1. To begin, open Outlook and go to File >> Options and then Open & Export Option to Import/Export.
2. Now, in the Import/Export Wizard >>, choose “Import from another program or file.” Next
3. Then choose Outlook Data File PST and press the Next button.
4. Now, choose the PST file using the browse button and select the “Do not import duplicate” option >> Next.
5. After you’ve made all of your adjustments, choose the Outlook Data File you wish to export and click the Finish button.
#Method 2: Use the Clean Up tool
Outlook Clean Up tool is a built-in utility eliminate duplicate Microsoft Outlook. The techniques below will assist you in removing email duplicates from your PST file.
1. First, launch Microsoft Outlook on your Windows computer.
2. Now, from the ribbon bar, select the Clean Up tool.
3. Select the option to Clean Up Folders and Subfolders.
4. A dialogue window will appear when you click on the Clean Up folder and subfolder, asking if you want to Clean Up or Cancel. Simply select Clean Up from the drop-down menu.
5. To find the location of the deleted items folder, go to the Setting option.
6. The Outlook options box will pop up once you click on the Setting. To upload the PST file, simply click the Browse button.
7. Select Deleted Items and then click the OK button.
8. After that, go to Outlook’s settings and select the Clean Up Folder option to remove duplicate emails from your inbox.
What Should Do If Manual Methods Aren’t Working?
In certain cases, manual procedures are insufficient to eliminate duplicate emails in Outlook. For example, if you have a large number of emails in your mailbox data, manual approaches will take a long time to delete them all. Additionally, the cleanup tool may not always be successful in removing all duplicate emails from your Outlook PST file.
Now, the question is what is the best solution to complete this task. To know the answer keep reading the blog because you are so close to knowing the best method that will complete this task for you.
Automated Method to Eliminate Duplicate Emails in Outlook
As we saw in the above section the manual method has some limitations so in this case, you should use an expert suggested solution such as Outlook Duplicate Remover. But you might be wondering why we recommended this application for removing duplicate emails from Outlook? The simple answer to this question is the features provided by this tool. The tool offers a simple and easy-to-understand users interface.
Also, the tool supports multiple Outlook file formats, such as Outlook PST, OST, and BAK. In addition, the tool is capable of removing duplicates from password-protected, damaged PST files without compromising data integrity.
Also Read: How to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Microsoft Outlook
As we said that duplicate files such as emails not only consume your space but also affect the productivity of Outlook. So, it is very important to eliminate duplicate emails n Outlook, and here in this blog, we have discussed the top three methods that will help you in order to remove duplicate emails from Outlook.