SQL Server 2012 to 2016 Upgrade – Get the Complete Solution Now
Summary: In this blog, we’re going to look at the SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade operation with utmost professionalism. There are several issues that users face during the task & we are mentioning these also here. Our aim is not just to provide the solution but also to make users technically wise. Technical knowledge is the only key to get rid of all technological issues.
Users can learn how to upgrade SQL from 2012 to 2016 version using the automated solution. The step-by-step tutorial is here below. To understand the entire operation, it’s crucial to be aware of the features of the most reliable solution. Hence, users can get that too.
It’s not an easy job to migrate an entire SQL Server database. However, with the right tool & technique, users can focus all their efforts on the right spot to get the results without facing any severe issues. Read the entire guide without skipping any step to successfully get the migration task done.
What Are SQL Server 2012 to 2016 Upgrade Issues?
Users often face several issues while executing the task & this happens due to the lack of core technical knowledge. We can easily get the best of the best results just by gaining technical knowledge.
However, still it is crucial to be aware of the issues that users face. IT can help users identify the crux of the matter. Remember that half of the problem ends simply when you get the root cause. Below are the issues mentioned for users regarding the upgrade of their SQL Server.
- Having damaged database objects in the SQL Server often create trouble for users in the SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade task. Users should find a way to repair the damaged SQL server in order to migrate the server without errors.
- Compatibility issues are another hurdle to counter. It is not compulsory that the data from a particular SQL Server will be compatible with another one. Hence, users have to run compatibility tests.
- The right method to execute the migration operation is another objective to accomplish. With the right method & tool, users can easily execute the task. However, the wrong choice can even make things more complicated.
- Lack of knowledge is another major issue that restricts new users from upgrading their platforms. It’s difficult for new users to execute such a major level operation by themselves without any kind of support.
Also Read: Fix SQL Server Header Error 5172 In A Smart Manner
How to Upgrade SQL from 2012 to 2016 with Ease?
Now that we know the issues that users go through, it’s time to finally discuss the solution. A lot of users are searching for a manual solution. Now we can say that there is no legitimate manual solution available. Users should opt for the most advanced as well as the latest technological aids to get the perfect results. This way users can also upgrade SQL Server 2012 to 2019 safely.
The only catch here is that there are a few solutions available but we should trust the most reliable as well as and efficient one. There is no sense in opting for the overpriced solution. Now if you’re wondering which utility can help users then the most advanced SQL Server Migration Tool is the answer. Download the tool from here for free to test out the demo version. This can easily counter SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade issues with ease. Once you are happy with the demo results, purchase the full version & execute your upgradation like a pro.
Users should keep in mind that even the full version of this solution is affordable. With the experience of more than 15 years, this solution is the second name of reliability for sure. It has the perfect mix of efficient & effective technology.
Also Read: Migrate SQL Server 2017 to 2019 Step by Step with Ease
Step-by-Step SQL Server Migration Tutorial
Now is the time to learn the step-by-step tutorial to execute the entire SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade operation. Users can simply get the desired results in just five steps. They will get a detailed guide after purchasing the tool as well. However, for now, users can get to learn the entire operation with these five steps.
First, download the tool mentioned above & install it on your system. Now, simply execute the steps as shown along with the respective images. We’re sure that learning how to upgrade SQL from 2012 to 2016 version in this way is the easiest so far.
Step-1. Launch the Utility in your system to start the upgrade operation.
Step-2. Simply Select the Offline/Online Mode of data migration here.
Step-3. Preview the Database Objects like tables, rules, triggers, etc.
Step-4. Now Adjust the Export Options as per the requirements.
Step-5. Finally, Hit the Export button to finish the upgrade task.
Finally, users can save the export report in the system for further analysis. This way, even new users can get the solution. Another advantage of this solution is that users don’t have to run the compatibility test either. The software makes the data files compatible with the destination server.
Counter SQL Server 2012 to 2016 Upgrade Issues with Automated Fetaures
Now, we’re going to have a look at the features of the automated tool that simply allow users to get their perfect results. These features are the backbone of the automated tool. In addition, being aware of these features can help users to get the maximum output from the automated utility.
- The tool allows users to migrate the database from a live server to another live SQL server.
- It is possible to migrate the data from a live SQL server to SQL Script or offline SQL server.
- Users can even migrate the database from the MDF file to the live SQL server with ease.
- Learning how to upgrade SQL from 2012 to 2016 verison is hassle-free with this method.
- The utility supports all DB objects like tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
- Users can execute the SQL migration with damaged database schema easily.
- Users can create a new database to export data or transfer data to an existing one.
- Migration of SQL Server database with schema/schema with data is also possible.
- Users can repair damaged database objects before migration with this solution.
- SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008/2008 R2, etc are compatible.
Apart from these, the integration of AI makes the solution even faster than all others. There is no better alternative than this one. Hence, it is the first choice of IT experts & even MVPs of Microsoft.
Also Read: How to Solve SQL Server Unable to Open the Physical File Issue
The Final Verdict
In the end, it’s time to conclude the article as we almost know the solution of SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade operation. It’s important for us to understand that the operation without core technical knowledge is quite difficult.
However, with the right knowledge as well as tool & technique, it can be a piece of cake. We’re hoping that all the users facing issues with the operation can now get the perfect results they desire.