The most highlighted searched query belongs to VCF file is, How to use vCard in Outlook? The standard file format for Virtual Business Cards is vCard, a file that acts as an electronic business card. Most of the users attach their VCF file in Outlook while sending an email. This is an effective and unobtrusive way of letting business contacts to know how to reach you. vCard can be easily attached to your signature in Outlook mail & Outlook makes it particularly easy to use. If you want to share your contact information & business details then, vCard is a smart choice. You can create a vCard in Outlook to share the information.
How To Use vCard in Outlook – Multiple Techniques
Adding a VCF file in Outlook is a convenient way of exchanging personal information such as name, phone number, e-mail and address. You can share your contact detail by creating a VCF file. Therefore, in the upcoming segment will explain the manual techniques to create, send, receive, and add an automatic signature in Microsoft Outlook.
Create a vCard in Outlook
The below explained steps will help you to create a VCF card in Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook & Go to Contacts folder
- Click on New to create a New Contact
- You get a dialog box in which you have to enter the information about you i.e., Full Name, Company, Job Title, Contact Numbers & Address
Note: To make a vCard in Outlook for existing contact follow the below mentioned steps.
- Select that contact to save and close the dialog box
- Go to file menu click on Save File As and click on vCard Files (*.vcf)
- In the Save inbox, select the folder where you want to save the vCard and click on save.
This is the way you can create a VCF file in Outlook for a specific contact or a new contact.
Distribute or Send VCF file
Distribute and send vCard file to any other computer file
- Compose a new message and address it to the recipient as done while sending a mail
- Go to Insert and click on File option
- Now, from the list select a vCard (.vcf) file and click on OK
That is all your vCard has sent to the recipient
Open & Save VCF to Outlook to Receive
- When you receive a vCard open the message
- Open the attachment by clicking twice
- Then in open contact, click on Save and Close option
Now you can get the saved contact in your vCard contact folder
Add vCard in Outlook with Automatic Signature
You can include an automatic signature in vCard with these steps:
- Go to File Menu and click on Option
- In Mail, section click on signatures option
- Click on New to add a new signature
- Now, enter the name for your signature and click on next
- In the Text Windows type the desired signature information
Note: For Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 or its earlier versions, click on New vCard from Contact
For Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, click on Business Card, & select the contact that you want to add then, click on OK three times
- Now, select Contacts or another address list in the Show Names from the box
- Select the entry for which a vCard has to create and click on OK and finish
- Again click on OK to complete the signature entry process
The write-up serves you with manual techniques to create, send, receive VCF file in Outlook. These are the possible techniques to the problem how to use vCard in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003.