How to Open MSG File in Windows with Free Solution?
This post will explain on few easy and free solutions to solve the issue of not being able to open MSG files in Windows issues in an easier way. Read the complete write-up and find out a few useful facts.
Users may be used to the OST and PST data files associated with MS Outlook. Just like them, users can generate a file and access it through MS Outlook, namely an MSG file. Well, an MSG file is just an email message format used by MS Outlook and Microsoft Exchange. These files are very useful for storing, archiving, or sharing crucial emails with Outlook users. The text may be just text messages or messages with photos and other attributes.
There are many organizations/businesses/universities that keep their data as a backup. The data could be very old or in archive form. If we only talk about email data, then many organizations/businesses/universities are using Outlook, and they may have individual messages in MSG file format. Now, when users do not know how to open MSG files in Windows OS 11, 10, 8, or 7, problems will arise.
MSG files are not text files that can be easily opened. It requires MAPI-type applications to open .msg file in Windows. Therefore, in the following blog, we will discuss all the solutions that users can try to resolve their queries.
Table of Content
Reasons to Open MSG Files in Windows 10
If any of the reasons provided below is true, users may get the .msg file not opening in Microsoft Outlook problem:
- If MS Outlook is configured incorrectly
- If the MSG file is already open in Outlook, and the user tries to open it again
- If the users are not allowed to access or open the file
- Try using Outlook 2003 or the latest to open MSG files created in Unicode format
How to Open MSG File in Windows OS Manually?
Today, every user has a browser installed in their Windows system, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera Mini, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Therefore, people can open .msg files in Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 without using any email application on their browsers.
However, because the browser supports HTML file format, the message must be in HTML format.
- Select the email and change the file extension from .msg to .html by right-clicking on the file
- Then click “Save As” and select the HTML format.
- Next, use any browser to open the HTML page.
- Now you can browse all the contents of the MSG file.
Limitations with Manual Solution
This manual method has many limitations. Some of them are listed:
- It was difficult to open many emails at the time. This method can open one email at a time, and it will take a long time to open all MSG files.
- Attachments cannot be opened in the browser. The HTML file will not save any attachments to the email.
- It takes a lot of effort to open all emails.
Also Read: Know How to Create MSG File from PST
Reliable Solution to View .msg Files on Windows 10
The above method is easy to do, and you can easily open Outlook messages. However, these restrictions may limit the use of this method by many users. But no need to worry, as users can use an advanced & trustworthy MSG File Viewer Tool to avoid all restrictions.
It is easy to open all types of MSG files with no file size limitation. You can open multiple MSG files in a folder at once. Therefore, people can access and open all content in MSG files in a very efficient and simplified way. Also, this tool offers HTML view modes to open MSG files in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers.
Also Read: Search MSG Files
Know the Best Features of Software
There are many additional features of this solution:
- Browse and open MSG files and attachments successfully
- Ability to perform an in-depth analysis of MSG files
- It provides multiple preview methods for a thorough investigation of MSG files
- No need to install Outlook, the Exchange Server can open .msg files without Outlook
- It presents an easy-to-use interface for opening MSG files efficiently
- There is no file size limit for opening MSG files for forensic analysis
- Perform an advanced search mechanism to see the required MSG file
- A standalone utility program for browsing and analyzing MSG file messages
- Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008
Software Working to Open MSG Files Without Outlook
Follow the step-by-step working process to open the MSG file in Windows:
- Initially Download and launch the application on your PC.
- After that, Browse MSG Files with attributes
- Two Preview Modes for Opening MSG Files
- Multiple Viewing of MSG Emails by Utility
In this write-up, we explained the best solutions to solve how to open MSG files in Windows issue. A manual, and precise solution, is explained to view .msg files on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 errors.
Que-1:- How to open a .msg file in Windows?
Ans:- With the help of the above-mentioned blog, users can open .msg files on Windows by using manual and third-party software. Users can use any solution according to their needs.
Que.2:- Is it possible to open the .msg file in Windows?
Ans:- If you want to open multiple .msg files on Windows OS, then try professional software. It has the ability to open and view MSG files in bulk.
Que-3:- How do I open a .msg file without Outlook?
Ans:- Users can open a .msg file without Outlook by using professional software. It is very easy to use technical and non-technical both users can use this application without any hassle.
Que-4:- How can I read multiple .msg files on PC?
Ans:- With the help of viewer software users can open several .msg files on PC at once without losing any data. This tool has the ability to open, read, and view MSG files on any version of Windows OS.
Que- 5:- How do I read the contents of an MSG File?
Ans. The above-explained application supports browsing and viewing MSG files along with attachments.