Unable to Open ZIP File in Windows 10 How to Fix?
Summary: Unable to open ZIP file in Windows 10. You may get various error messages or the program may not be able to open a zip file on windows 10.
Have trouble opening an important ZIP file? I downloaded a ZIP file, but the zip file won’t open. When you try to access it, do you receive an error message “Header is corrupted”? Or, when you try to compress an Office document to open a ZIP archive, you may get the error message “This file is corrupted, cannot open a zip file?” etc.
Then there are clear signs that the ZIP file is corrupted. However, to save the contents of the corrupted ZIP file, you must repair the file. Before discussing the repair first, let us know the reasons behind ZIP file corruption.
Table of Content
Why is Zip File Not Opening in Windows 10 OS?
State the following errors that affect ZIP files:-
- Header Corruption:- The headers section of the ZIP file contains information such as name, size, and date of creation. This information is required to access the file content. If this header is corrupted, you will not be able to open the ZIP file.
- Changing File Extension:- Converting a file extension to a particular file to another unsupported file format can seriously damage and make your ZIP file accessible.
- Incomplete Download:- When downloading the ZIP file, if there is an internet connection error or network discrepancy etc., the download will remain incomplete and the ZIP file will be affected and the ZIP file will open.
- Sudden Power Failure:- If the system crashes due to a power failure, the ZIP file is corrupted when removing or accessing the files from the ZIP archive.
- Virus Threats:- When a ZIP archive is infected with external threats such as viruses and malware, the contents of files are replicated and contaminated.
Read More : Know how to Recover Corrupted Windows Backup Files and Reload Operating System.
How to Fix Cannot Open ZIP File in Windows 10 Error?
To verify that the zip file is opened correctly, do the following:
- Go to the Location of the folder where the ZIP file was saved
- Right Click on the ZIP file and select Open With
- Select File Explorer
- If File Explorer is not an option, select Default Program, then select File Explorer and click OK
- Click Extract All Files at the top of the window or sidebar. This is a slightly different word, depending on which version of Windows you are using
- Select an Extraction Location or leave the Location by Default and Extract to the same folder where the ZIP file was saved
- You should now be able to open the file.
Unable to Open Zip File with Reliable Solution
BKF Viewer is the best application for opening Windows backup files like images, files, and documents. The simple user interface acts as a guide to open and recovers corrupt ZIP files. This tool recovers and extracts the contents of the ZIP file without damaging the source files.
Moreover, tool open all data contents from BKF files as well as Zip files. This tool successfully tested on more than 3 Terabytes of BKF file size. This is a Windows-based utility. The software supports ZIP file recovery on any Windows OS such as Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, etc.
Working Steps to Open Zip File
Step 1. First and foremost, you have to download and install the software to accomplish the task.
Step 2. Select Quick, Deep, or Range-Based Scan.
Step 3. After that, content indexing by this software.
Step 4:- Finally open all data files one by one.
Users can view all the files in the BKF file on the right panel of the software. You can also search any particular file by using the Search Option.
Now you can easily fix why can’t I open a zip file on Windows 10 OS problem with a manual and automatic solution. Your data is important, so choose the solution wisely.
Que 1:- How do I fix a zip file that won’t open?
Ans. By using the above solution users can fix a zip file unable to open. This tool has the capability to open BKF files with attributes. It open all attributes like images, excel sheets, or any other crucial data. Users will be able to open all the meta details.
Que 2:- Is it possible to open zip files on Windows 10?
Ans. Yes, the explained software supports all versions of Windows OS like 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 to open ZIP files.