Unable to Open ZIP File in Windows 10! How to Fix?
Summary: Unable to open ZIP file in Windows 10. You may get various error messages or the program may not be able to open the file.
Having trouble opening an important ZIP file? I downloaded a ZIP file, but can’t open it? When you try to access it, do you receive an error message “Header is corrupted”? Or, when you try to compress an Office document to open a ZIP archive, you may get the error message “This file is corrupted, can’t you open it?” etc.
Then there are clear signs that the ZIP file is corrupted. However, to save the contents of the corrupted ZIP file, you must repair the file. Before discussing the repair first, let us know the reasons behind ZIP file corruption.
Why Unable to Open ZIP File in Windows 10 OS?
State the following some errors that affect ZIP files:
- Header Corruption: The headers section of the ZIP file contains information such as name, size and date of creation. This information is required to access the file content. If this header is corrupted, you will not be able to open the ZIP file.
- Changing File Extension: Converting a file extension to a particular file to another unsupported file format can seriously damage and make your ZIP file accessible.
- Incomplete Download: When downloading the ZIP file, if there is an internet connection error or network discrepancy etc., the download will remain incomplete and the ZIP file will be affected and the ZIP file will open.
- Sudden Power Failure: If the system crashes due to a power failure, the ZIP file is corrupted when removing or accessing the files from the ZIP archive.
- Virus Threats: When a ZIP archive is infected with external threats such as viruses and malware, the contents of files are replicated and contaminated.
How to Fix Cannot Open ZIP File in Windows 10 Error?
To verify that the zip file is opened correctly, do the following:
- Go to the Location of the folder where the ZIP file was saved
- Right Click on the ZIP file and select Open With
- Select File Explorer
- If File Explorer is not an option, select Default Program, then select File Explorer and click OK
- Click Extract All Files at the top of the window or sidebar. This is a slightly different word, depending on which version of Windows you are using
- Select an Extraction Location or leave the Location by Default and Extract to the same folder where the ZIP file was saved
- You should now be able to open the file.
BKF Viewer to Open Damaged ZIP File
BKF Viewer is a famous tool for repairing corrupted ZIP files. The simple user interface acts as a guide to open and recover corrupt ZIP files. BKF Viewer tool repairs and extract the contents of the ZIP file without damaging the source files. The software supports ZIP file recovery on any Windows OS such as Windows 10, 8.1, 7, etc.
Now you can easily fix unable to open ZIP file in Windows 10 problem with a manual and automatic solution. Your data is important, so choose the solution wisely.