How to Open EML Files in Windows 10, 8, 7? Manual Solutions
This article describes how to open EML files in Windows OS 10, 8. 7. In addition, EML file format and manual solutions for opening EML files using Outlook, Windows Mail or Thunderbird, and FreeViewer are introduced.
EML File Format – Introduction
EML format is a file extension used to save emails in the Outlook Express application and other email clients (Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Gmail, etc.). Email files (.eml) are saved according to the standard MIME RFC 822 format. The EML file contains ASCII text of the header content, and the main message body can include hyperlinks and attachments.
Now, in many cases, users try to open EML files without any restrictions in Windows 10, 8, 7 operating systems. Therefore, remove the restriction by following the manual solutions to access EML files.
Case 1: “How can I access all saved Gmail emails in EML file format. Is there any manual method to open my Gmail EML files? I have Outlook installed on the Windows 10 operating system. Please recommend a manual solution!”
Case 2: “Are there any manual or free solutions for accessing my EML files without installing any email clients in Windows OS. In addition, I’m interested in creating backups of all EML files. Suggest a manual solution for this too! !!!”
As mentioned above, the majority of users noticed this type of case on multiple forums sites. We have summarized the manuals and automation solutions available to users.
How to Open EML Files in Windows 10, 8, 7 Manually?
If you have multiple email clients installed on your computer and would like to select the program (Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail) to open EML file, follows the steps:
- Open Windows File Explorer, and then find the EML file you want to Open
- Right Click on the EML file and select “Open With”
- Select Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird. The EML File Opens in the Installed Email Program
Open EML File with Header Information in Notepad or Notepad++
Follow the below-mentioned steps to open EML file in notepad or notepad++, anyone, you have:
- Select EML File which you want to access
- Next, Right Click on selected EML file and choose “Open With” option
- Then, Select Notepad option to open EML file with header information.
Free Solution to Open EML Files without any Email Clients
FreeViewer EML Viewer is professional software that allows you to access and open EML files in a simple way. With the software, you can open EML emails and attachments without any reliance on email clients. This tool integrates various functions and a user-friendly interface. Easily open EML files with attachments on Windows 10, 8, 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) and Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2008.
Highlight Features of the Software:
- Analyze and open EML files and attachments in a seamless manner
- It provides multiple preview modes: Hexadecimal, Email Header, HTML, etc.
- The standalone tool does not require any email client installation
- Support EML files of multiple email clients: Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird
- Preview EML emails with attributes like subject, recipient, sender, etc.
- There is no EML file size limit associated with the software
EML Pro Software Steps to Open EML Files in Windows 10, 8, 7 OS
We explain the Pro Version software working for accessing EML files easily in Windows OS:
Step-1: Free Download Tool and Add EML Files
Step-2: Advance Search Option to Find Any Emails
Step-3: Next, Export Option: PDF or Print
Step-4: Click on Export. Get Success Message
In the article above, we discussed the EML file format. We also discussed manual and automatic solutions to open EML files in Windows OS 10, 8, and 7. Users can access EML files with attachments without installing any email client.