PST is a Personal Storage Table file that comprises personal user information of Microsoft Outlook. It contains email folders, calendars, contacts, tasks, and other data items. However, there come times when users uninstall Outlook application or want to access Outlook data from any other platform. In such cases, it becomes essential to export data from Outlook. But, still, several Outlook users have no idea about how to do this. So, today we have come up with this article and here we are going to discuss how to view and extract contacts from PST file using different techniques that work. So, let’s begin!
Techniques 1: Extract Contacts from PST File Using Outlook
Whether you are moving to a different platform or generating regular backups of all your contacts, it is very easy with Outlook and can be done within a few clicks. When you export contacts from Outlook, it saves a copy of your contacts in CSV file by default. So, if your contacts are saved within Outlook and you want to export them then, follow the steps below to do this:
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook in your PC and click on the File tab
2. Choose Open & Export option from the opened menu list and highlight Import / Export in Outlook 2013, 2016
Note: The location of the Import/ Export option varies in different versions of MS Outlook. You can find this option in following locations as per your Outlook version:
- If using Outlook 2007, click on File >> Import and Export
- If using Outlook 2010, click on File >> Info >> Options >> Advanced >> Export
3. From Import and Export Wizard, select Export to a file option. Click Next
4. Select Comma Separated Values
5. Now, Export to a file wizard will pop up. Here, in Select folder to export section, choose Contacts folder that is within your account. Hit the Next button
6. Click on Browse and enter a name for your file. Click Next
7. After this, navigate to the location where you want to save exported contacts in your computer. Click Next
8. Hit the Finish button to begin extract contacts from PST file process
Note: MS Outlook will not display and prompt any notification after finishing contacts export procedure. So, when the process will get finished, the Import/ Export Progress wizard will disappear from the screen.
9. Navigate to the location where exported CSV file is saved on your computer and you can open this file with Excel to make sure if the contacts are exported successfully
Techniques 2: Export Contacts from PST Without Outlook
If you have uninstalled MS Outlook and ended up with having a PST file then, you can also view and extract contacts from PST file. Outlook PST Viewer Pro is one of the safest ways to open and export entire Outlook mailbox items including emails and contacts even without MS Outlook installation on the computer. Using PST Viewer Pro Plus, you can read and export unlimited PST contacts into EML, PDF, MSG, and PST file format regardless of the size of PST file. It allows to view and export contacts from multiple PST files together.
The software can be used to view and export PST file contacts on multiple computers and laptops independently. Moreover, it has the capability to export contacts even if the browsed Outlook PST file is corrupted or damaged. The best part about this software is that it supports to view the contacts of PST files generated in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000. Below is how you can view and extract contacts from PST file:
First of all, you need to download the software and you can do this just via hitting the below Download button
1. After this, install and launch the software. Click on Add File button
2. Hit the Browse button and navigate to your system location where your PST file saved and add the file
3. After this, the tool will load a preview of entire data items saved within the PST. In case if you want to view and export contacts only from the browsed PST file then, select Contacts section and click on Export
4. From the Export Options window, choose PST, EML, MSG, PDF file format as per your need. Click on Browse and select a destination location for the resultant file and click Export
5. PST Contacts Export process will begin right after this and once it gets completed you can access the resultant contacts file from any supported application
So, this is how you can view and extract contacts from PST file in a couple of clicks without making so much efforts and complexity. Now, you can export PST contacts with and without Outlook application. If you’re using the recommended software then, you can directly view and export PST file contacts even without installing Outlook or any other application. The software is completely secure to download and it does not conflict with other programs installed on your system.