Microsoft Word has become the first choice when users try to create and edit the DOCX file. It is the commercial word processor, which has become a component of the Office suite program. In spite of being a pleasant application, but still, it has some drawbacks. At certain times, users have to face various issues while working with Word documents. Out of which, one such error is Microsoft Word the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. When same error occurs, it becomes more complex for users to open a file and view the text. Furthermore, if the situation may get worse then it can cause data loss due to corruption. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we will discuss different measures to fix this issue.
Reason Behind The File is Corrupted and Cannot be Opened Word Error
There are so many reasons due to which this particular error generates. Although, sometimes files of the previous version deny opening with the latest version. Moreover, when users try to open a particular file of the older version in the latest version, then it gets corrupted and unable to open. In addition, when Microsoft Word users upgrade to Word 2010 from 2007 then this error message occurs:
3 Approaches to Fix Word the File is Corrupted and Cannot be Opened Error
There are following resolutions by which users can fix Word 2013 the file is corrupted and cannot be opened error. Some of them are listed below:
Approach 1: Change Trust Center Settings
You can enable protected view settings from the Trust Center sometimes to prevent Word file from opening. Users can change the setting of Trust Center by following steps mentioned below:
- Open Microsoft Word on your desktop and go to File tab and select Options
- Then, choose Trust Center and click ON button under the Trust Center Settings
- Select Protected View and uncheck all options from Protected View
- After that, press OK button to confirm
- At last, Restart Word and try to access your corrupt Word document again
Approach 2: Manually Setting up Security Component
- Click on Start button and then, type dcomcnfg inside the search box
- Under the program list, select dcomcnfg
- Now, go to navigation pane and expand Component services
- Select Computers and expand it. Afterward, you need to right-click My Computer and choose Properties option
- Open Default Properties and then set Default Authentication: Connect and Default Impersonation: Identify
- Eventually, press OK button
Approach 3: Try to Repair Word File with MS Word
- First of all, start MS Word on your desktop
- Click the Open option from the File menu
- Then, you need to choose corrupted file and select an option Open and Repair
- Since, if this error is not resolved and you are unable to open that file, then you can perform same actions. However, this time you can choose Recover Text from Any File option under the Open dialog box.
Remarkable Solution to Fix Corrupted DOCX Files
If users are not able to fix the file is corrupted and cannot be opened error while implementing the manual methods. Then, users can opt for a commercial approach namely, DOCX Viewer tool. Using this software, one can easily repair corrupt .docx files and documents in bulk with different pages. The tool allows the user to preview DOCX file with Rich and Plain Text formatting. In addition, the software is compatible with MS Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 versions without an installation of MS Office application.
MS Word is being used by many users and organizations to deal with DOCX file or document. But sometimes, users may encounter several issues while working with Word documents. One such issue faced by Word users is The file is corrupted and cannot be opened. Usually such error disturbs the continuity of workflow and makes the situation very complex. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed different measures to fix Word file is corrupted and cannot be opened error. On the other hand, users can go for a reliable solution, i.e., DOCX Viewer that is mentioned above.