“Recently, I switched from Microsoft Outlook to Windows Live Mail. Before migrating, I have archived data items including address book in the PST file. But, yesterday my one of the colleagues asked about the contact file as he required. Now, the problem is that my address book is saved in PST format, so it is difficult to fetch into the WLM account. Can someone please help me to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail by using any reliable method?”
Like the above-discussed query, most of the users also want to switch from the Outlook to Windows Live Mail. Because, Windows Live Mail offers multiple functionalities like photo mail, more security, RSS feeds, the customized layout of the interface etc. It also supports web-based email clients like Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail Plus. Hence, in this post, we are going to discuss the process to move Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail in a seamless manner.
How to Export and Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail?
There is no any direct method available to export contacts from Outlook PST to Windows Live Mail. So, first, you need to export the Outlook contacts in CSV format and then import the exported CSV file in the Windows Live Mail.
Step 1: Export Contacts from MS Outlook in CSV
In the first step, you need to export the contacts from Microsoft Outlook. For this, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, launch the Microsoft Outlook application on the system
- After that, go to the File menu and select Options
- Now, from the Outlook Options dialog box, select the Advanced option
- Then, select Export option and an Import and Export dialog box will appear on the screen
- From the Import and Export dialog box, choose Export to a file option and click on the Next button
- After that, you will see an Export to a file wizard on the computer screen
- Now, select Comma Separated Values (DOS) as the file type from the Export to a file wizard & click on the Next button
- Now, choose the folder to export from Select folder option
- Then, select Contacts from the list and click on the Next button
- Click on the Browse button and select the desired destination location where the exported file will be saved
- After that, click OK and then press the Next button
- At last, click on the Finish button and the PST file is saved with CSV extension.
Step 2: Import CSV File to Windows Live Mail Account
Now, you need to import the CSV file into the Windows Live Mail by following the below mentioned steps to completely import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail.
- At first, sign-in to Windows Live Mail by using the web browser
- Then, select the Apps button from the top-left corner then choose People
- After that, select the Manage tab & click on the Add People option
- Next, select Start Import option and choose Other
- Now, navigate the exported CSV file by selecting Choose File option
- Finally, click on the Upload button that will transfer your Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail.
An Ultimate Solution to Import PST Contacts to Windows Live Mail
When you do not want to perform the above discussed long and complex steps to migrate Outlook contacts to Windows Live Mail or for batch conversion, you can opt a trouble-free solution like Outlook PST Converter Tool. Because, this software is highly recommended for Outlook PST to Windows Live Mail migration. Also, it is capable to migrate the PST file into other file formats like MSG, PDF, VCF, DOCX, ICS, HTML, RTF, MBOX, and EMLX. Even, you can convert the corrupted or password protected PST contacts files in EML format and import them into Windows Live Mail. In addition, the utility also generates an instant preview of files before starting the conversion process.
Due to the advancement of technology, people are switching their email clients according to their requirements but their contact list remains the same. Outlook to Windows Mail migration is one of the most common needs. Hence, this blog covers the process to import PST contacts to Windows Live Mail by using both manual and automatic methods. However, if a user has corrupted PST files or they do not want to follow the long method, then he or she is suggested to use a professional PST Converter tool.