A smartphone is a wonderful gadget that has brought the entire world into our palms. We cannot think of a day without a smartphone. Literally, smartphones can be used to perform almost all the tasks that a PC can do. But the problem arises when someone has to import PST contacts to Android Device. Android is the leading market shareholder of the smartphone operating system. When Android users want to move Outlook contacts to Android, they face difficulty. Here, we will describe certain techniques that will make this Outlook contact export to Android really easy. Do you want to know what are the techniques? Keep reading…
Check out the Manual Way to Import PST Contacts to Android Devices
First, we will talk about a technique that does not require any third-party application. However, it comprises of 3 segments:
Section 1: Save Contacts from Outlook in CSV format
First of all, we have to export Outlook contacts in CVS file format. For that, follow the below guideline as per your Outlook version.
For Outlook 2016 and 2013 versions
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system
- Click on the File tab located at the top panel
- Choose Open & Export >> Import / Export option
- Import Export Wizard will appear. There, select Export to a file option >> Next
- From the next window, select Comma Separated Values >> Next to move to the next step
- Select Contacts folder from the tree list and click on Next button
- Give a name for the CSV file and choose its target location. Also, choose what you want to do with the duplicate contacts
- Click on Finish button and the contacts will get extracted in a CSV file.
For Outlook 2010 version
- Open Outlook 2010. Click on File tab
- Select Options >> Advanced from the next list that will appear
- Click on Export button
- When the Import Export Wizard appears, select Export to a file >> Next
- Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then click on Next
- Select Contacts folder on the next page
- Click on Browse button to choose the destination folder of that resultant CSV file. Click on Next
- Add a name for the CSV file and click on OK
- Click on Finish to export the Outlook contacts in CSV file.
Section 2: Upload CSV Contacts in Gmail
Now, the business with Outlook is over and we have to move to the web browser to perform these steps.
- Log in to your Gmail account that is used for your Android phone
- Click on Contacts to open a new tab
- On that tab, click on More drop-down button >> Import
- Browse to select CSV file and then click on Import
- All Outlook CSV contacts will get imported into Gmail.
Section 3: Move Contacts in Android Phone
This section of steps has to be done on Android device. So, take the phone.
- Go to the Menu and click on Settings >> Accounts & Sync
- Select the Google account. Confirm if the Contacts option is selected. Sync the account
- All Gmail contacts including the Outlook contacts you have just imported will be there on your phone.
Why Do Most People Avoid Manual Method?
Many Android users tend to avoid this technique because it has a multitude of steps. When everything is becoming simple and short in this era, Android users look for an easy technique to sync their Outlook contacts. At this stage, we will introduce our readers with a tool that is capable of fulfilling their demands. And the tool is Outlook PST File Export.
How to Import PST Contacts to Android Using Automated Tool?
Outlook PST Export is an application that can convert Outlook PST files into Android supported vCard and some other file formats. It can perform the conversion is a few easy steps, just like the way Android users prefer. This software also eliminates all chances of data loss and process any number of contacts easily. Moreover, It is capable of exporting only contacts from a PST file that contains complete Outlook data files. Upon selecting the Contacts folder, the tool will show a preview of all the contact files where users can choose to export selected files. Android users who want hassle-free contact transfer, should use this utility.
Steps to Import PST Contacts to Android Phone using tool are:
Step 1. Launch the tool and add PST file having contacts.
Step 2. Preview all items and click Export from the top.
Step 3. Select vCard format from the Export option.
Step 4. Choose location to save output and click Export.
When users need to import PST contacts to Android devices, it is not so easy as it may sound. Reading this post, users will realize that the manual method is quite a lengthy one and many will not be interested to perform this. For the users who do not have much time for this type of technique, we shared a tool named Outlook converter. It converts all PST file contacts in Android supported format VCF that can be later imported into it.