Summary: This blog will teach you how to import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird profile. If you are still facing any issue while moving emails from Outlook to Thunderbird, then you must read this post. Here you will get the complete solution to your request step by step.
Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird both are the popular email service provider. Users are often seen switching between these platforms depending on their needs. This data transfer usually takes place when users stop using MS Outlook email client and start using Mozilla Thunderbird. To start with, we will see the causes of this data migration. Then we will move on to discuss different ways that the readers can implement for Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird Migration. Therefore, in this post, we will disclose the cost-effective solution to import Outlook mail to Thunderbird.
Why Users Want to Import Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird?
Here are some of the basic reasons behind people’s need to move Outlook emails to Thunderbird in a precise way.
- Financial Benefit: No matter how many attractive features it has, Outlook is, after all, a paid email client. Many users do not want to pay for the email services and they may wish to switch to a free client like Thunderbird.
- Sharing and Synchronizing: If users want to share their Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 data with someone who uses Thunderbird, then it is wise to convert the data migration process. Moreover, it also requires data synchronization.
How to Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird? – Two Methods
Users can take the help of either the traditional method or the contemporary method for transferring Outlook emails. First, have a look at the steps of the manual technique.
Manual Method to Transfer Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
This method can be used when users have to transfer data between Outlook and Thunderbird located on the same system.
- To begin with. click on Start button from the Windows OS>> Default Programs and then hit on Set your default program.
- Select Outlook from the appeared list and click to Set this program as default option. After which, Outlook will become the default email client of the system.
- Now, launch Mozilla Thunderbird on the same machine and navigate to Tools>> Import to move emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.
- In the next window, select the radio button corresponding to Mail option and hit the Next button to proceed further.
- Then, choose Outlook from the next wizard and click Next followed by clicking the Finish button.
- If you wish to export any other components of MS Outlook, repeat the same process. For instance, choose the Address Book option in place of Mail to import PST to Thunderbird profile.
- At this point, you have to open the Default Programs window again. Now, make Thunderbird as your default email of this system.
Is There A Better Option Available to Import Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird?
As you can see, this aforesaid technique is only feasible in case if both the emails accounts are located in the same system. If Outlook and Thunderbird email programs are situated on two different systems, then this method will not work. Moreover, this is a time taking process wherein users need to dedicate a sufficient amount of time. Thus, users are looking for some smart yet trustworthy Outlook PST to MBOX Converter tool for Windows & Mac system.
This software provides support to transfer Outlook PST data file to the Thunderbird supported MBOX format. After conversion, you can import the resultant file into Thunderbird in a few simple clicks.
Steps to Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird Using Recommended Method are;
Step 1. Launch the software and add Outlook PST file.
Step 2. Preview all the added emails in different modes.
Step 3. Now, tab Export option from top and select MBOX format.
Step 4. Choose the advance option as per the needs.
Step 5. Finally click on Export button to begin the conversion.
The conversion will start. The progress of the conversion process can be tracked, thanks to the live report of the tool. When the export process is done, users will be notified for the same.
Open the chosen path to locate the resultant file. Users can now import that file to any Thunderbird profile.
Steps to Import Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird on Mac are;
Step 1. Install the tool on Mac and browse for the PST file you want to convert.
Step 2. Pick MBOX file format and check Maintain Folder Hierarchy option.
Step 3. Click on Advance Settings and set naming option and categories.
Step 4. Tab change and choose the folder to save resultant file.
Step 5. Hit the Export button and the process will start immediately.
Outlook Conversion Tool: The Ideal Choice for PST File Conversion
This tool comprises of some unique features that make it the ultimate choice for the users:
- All PST File Compatibility: Whether the PST file is ANSI or Unicode, the software has the ability to process it.
- Suitable for All MBOX Supported Emails: Besides Thunderbird, the resultant MBOX file can be imported in any supported email clients like Eudora Mail, Pocomail, Apple Mail, etc.
- No File Size Limitation: PST file of any given size can be saved in desire format with the help of this software.
If you are looking for the way to import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird, then this post states the perfect solution for the same. Here, we have discussed two different approaches i.e., the manual and professional technique. Considering all the benefits of Outlook to MBOX Converter, the modern technique of using the software can be labeled as the most suitable one. This tool is a sure-shot approach to import emails from Outlook to Thunderbird in all respects.