Nowadays, the mobile phone has become an integral part of everyone’s life. Most of the users prefer to use the Android phone due to its user-friendly interface and unique feature. Furthermore, contact has become more significant for every user as they are responsible for the communication process. Alternatively, MS Office 365 is a cloud-based email application and it provides various advanced services. It involves Exchange Online for email, SharePoint Online for collaboration, Lync Online for unified communications, etc. Therefore, users need to import their contacts from Office 365 to an Android smartphone. Here we are going to discuss different techniques to import Office 365 contacts to Android phone in an absolute way.
Two Approaches to Import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone
There are so many methods through which users can migrate contacts from Office 365 to Android phone. Follow the below mentioned steps:
Approach 1: Sync O365 Contacts with Android Phone
Users can follow these steps to sync Office 365 contacts with Android smartphones. Let us have a look:
- First, go to Settings option in your Android phone
- In Settings, you can see multiple options but you have to select Accounts & Sync option
- From the Account & Sync option, click on Add account
- Next, choose Corporate, Microsoft Exchange or Exchange option
- Now, enter the Office 365 email address and password. Also, you can set this email as default account when sending mail from this device and press Next button
- Depending upon the smartphone and configuration for DNS records, your Android phone may be automatically configured. If it is not simply configured, then you have to fill the below information:
Remember: In some Android phones, the username and domain fields are separate. In that case, users should leave that domain field blank
- Make sure you should use a secure connection (SSL) and accept the SSL certificates checkbox get selected. After finishing the Account Setup, click Select >> Next
- After that, your device will verify server settings online
- Then, you would be asked to accept the IT policy for an organization. Further, you have to accept the policy by clicking OK button
- You must have to select the required syncing options and press Next
- Enter the name of a particular account and tap Next
- Select Activate option to activate the account. Once your account has been activated, all contacts will start to download to device and you can sync Office 365 contacts with android phone successfully.
Approach 2: Export-Import Process
This approach is very simple that helps to import Office 365 contacts to Android mobile phone. First, you have to transfer Office 365 contacts and then move the exported contacts into VCF file format. Finally, users have to import VCF file to Android phone.
Step 1: Transfer Office 365 contacts
- First of all, sign into Outlook on the web
- Then, open App launcher tool in the top corner of Outlook
- Go to People option. On the toolbar, click on down arrow next to Manage and choose Export contacts
- After that, hit on the Export button. Once the export process is completed, a .csv file will be downloaded on your desktop according to the browser settings
Step 2: Move CSV File to Android Contacts
Now, users have to export CSV contact into an Android supported file format. In fact, users can opt for an instant solution such as Excel to vCard Converter. It is designed in such a way to convert CSV contacts to Android compatible VCF format. This utility incorporates an easy-to-use interface which permits a user to work with this software in an efficient manner.
Step 3: Import VCF Contacts to Android Phone
After the conversion of CSV file into VCF, users have to import VCF contact file into Android phone. Users can transfer vCard contact file to the smartphone by following the given below steps:
- Click on the Contacts icon on your Android mobile phone
- Now, a list of contacts will be shown on the screen. Now, you have to click on the 3-dots vertical icon available on the top right corner
- Then, tap on Import/Export option. Multiple options will display in Import/Export contacts
- Select an option Import from .vcf file and click on the desired location where your VCF files are saved
- Next, a notification appears on your mobile screen All VCF contacts will be imported shortly
- After the completion of the import process, you can easily access all vCard contacts from the Android phone
At a certain time, users want to import Office 365 Contacts to Android Phone due to various reasons. But they are unable to find a reliable and efficient solution to move Office 365 contacts. Thus, in this blog, we have discussed multiple techniques to import Office 365 contacts to android phone. Make sure you should follow each step very carefully.