Migration of Eudora MBX files into MS Outlook on macOS is very popular among the users, and we are going to shed light on this very procedure. Here’s everything you need to know about how to open Eudora files in Outlook without losing any email information. However, before going to the migration process, we first discuss the file format of both the email clients.
Understanding the Email Client’s Database Files
If we compare Eudora and Outlook, then certainly Outlook wins the race. Because Microsoft timely update Outlook features and meets the advance need of users. Considering the storage of emails in both the applications, Eudora, mail client for Mac & Windows, saves email data in MBX file format. On the other hand, Outlook is also available for Windows as well as Mac platform and stores mailbox data in PST (on Windows) & OLM (on Mac).
Next thing comes, there is no direct interface through which one can import email from Eudora to latest editions of MS Outlook. Hence, to open Eudora files in Outlook, the conversion of MBX file is required into PST format. The reason behind is that Personal Storage Table (or .pst) file can be easily migrated into Windows as well as Mac Outlook. It means with a single conversion user can import Eudora email into Mac & Windows MS Outlook.
Let’s look at the workarounds that export Eudora mail to Outlook on
For Mac – Open Eudora Files in Outlook for With Attachments
If you are using Eudora on macOS, then opting Mac MBOX Converter is the primary choice. An advanced utility that allows conversion of multiple .mbx files into PST format in one go. Apart from this, user can convert MBOX or MBX into MSG / EML / HTML / PDF / EMLX format. Plus, all the meta attributes of email keep remain the same after the procedure.
A user can easily install demo or full version of software on any Mac OS, including macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12 or previous editions. After that, go through the below guide.
1. Run the software on the system, the two options are available to add the file:
Add File: Use to select single MBOX or MBX file in one time
Add Folder: Use to upload complete folder that comprises multiple .mbox/.mbx file.
Note: To get Eudora email attachment, it is advised to keep Attach Folder along with MBX file. Actually, this Attach folder keep the attachments. So, while adding the MBX file, the tool automatically senses the email attachment. If you are not doing this, then no attachment will get converted into Outlook readable format.
2. After that, all the files will show on the left panel where the user is free to select any desired folder for the export process instead of all.
3. After that, select “PST” format under the “Select Export Type” section. Afterward, click on the “Advanced Settings” button.
4. In the “Advanced Settings” window, there are multiple features that make the entire import process facile:
- Create Single PST File: This feature is used to make only one .pst for multiple MBX files.
- Split PST: This option allows to break the large size PST file into smaller files to reduce the corruption issue. It makes it more convenient to open Eudora files in Outlook that are large in size.
- Date Filter: A very beneficial feature that converts only those Eudora emails that lie within a specified timeline.
You are free to use this feature as per the requirement. Then, click on “Save“.
5. Check the box of “Maintain Folder Hierarchy” and provide a location to store the output file by clicking on “Change“.
6. At last, click on “Export” button to transfer Eudora mails in Outlook supported format.
How to Open Eudora Files in Windows Outlook
The users who are using Eudora on Windows platform, they can use another variant of software i.e., MBOX to Outlook Migrator for Windows. This utility can convert one or more MBX files into PST data file without an error. Afterward, upload the resultant file into Windows Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007.
Steps to open Eudora files in MS Outlook:
1. Install the software on Windows machine.
2. Click on “Add File” to upload Eudora MBX file.
3. Choose “Eudora” & “Default profile configured” option to auto detect eudora database along with all its emails and attachments.
4. Once the file gets scanned, preview them in “Normal view mode“.
5. To import mail of selected folders, opt “Export Selected Folders“. Else, go with “Export All Folders” for convert all .mbx file into the readable format of Outlook.
6. Select the “PST” file and mention a “location” to save output file.
7. Finally, hit the “Export” button.
That’s all about how to open Eudora files in Outlook supported format on Windows OS.
Method to Import PST into Outlook
After getting the .pst, its time to migrate them into supported email client.
For Mac Outlook
- Go to File >> Import.
- Opt for Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst).
- Click on Continue.
- Browse the file and click on Import.
- Once the process gets over, click Finish to end the process.
For Windows Outlook
- Select Open & Export from File menu.
- To open the wizard, click on Import/Export.
- Now, choose Import from another program or file & click Next.
- Locate PST file and choose Import items into the current folder option.
- Hit Finish to end the task.
Common Queries Asked by Users
Users can find the Eudora database at the following location:
For Eudora 7 & lower version: Look for MBX files in “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora”
For Eudora 8: Look for SBD/MBOX files in “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\” or similar location.
For emails, go to Documents > Eudora > [mailbox folder]. Also, look for “Attach” folder as it contains attachments.
Wrapping it up!
Considering the user problem that how to open old Eudora MBX file into Outlook, we have discussed solutions in this post. After reading this blog, the user gets enough knowledge on how to open Eudora files in Outlook for Windows & Mac.