If you want the free solution to view Thunderbird Mailbox files, then you are in the right place! In this blog, we are going to suggest you the best and free solution to view Thunderbird MBOX files.
If you have any MBOX format files which are saved in your hard drive or other external device and you wanted to view these files into Thunderbird, then it is not such a difficult or expensive task to do. Here we are providing a free tool named MBOX Viewer to open exported MBOX format files into Thunderbird Profile. This program is designed and developed by FreeViewer which is available free of cost. It is very easy to use and provide an efficient solution in simple steps.
Before going ahead to the solution direct, firstly let us overview the Thunderbird, MBOX format files and how can we identify the location into the local system?
Mozilla Thunderbird – A Totally Free Email Program
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the widely used email client which allow users to configure multiple accounts with different protocols SMTP or POP. This email client is mostly used by professional users for business purposes. It is light weighted and very user-friendly email client.
Thunderbird stores all its data like emails, contacts and other files in a mailbox format known as MBOX. It works in a well manner and offers a range of multiple options to its users.
How to find out the location of Thunderbird MBOX files in Local System:
User can navigate directly to the Thunderbird Profile folder, by the following path –
C:\Users\<windows user name >\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<profile name>\
For another way go to the location, by following these steps –
1. Open Window Start menu by pressing (Window+R) and type %APPDATA% in the Search Box.
2. Now click Thunderbird > Profiles. Every folder showing in the folder is the profile on your computer.
Now, let us go to the complete free solution to view Thunderbird Mailbox files.
Free Solution to View Thunderbird Mailbox Files with Attachments
Use FreeViewer MBOX Viewer Software for the best and efficient solution to view inbox, mailboxes files of Thunderbird. This is a totally free solution which is widely used by business professionals and Thunderbird users.
Advance features and flexible functionalities of software are attractive and also helps users to explore MBOX / MBS / MBX files of other email clients without any data loss or damages. It is a secure application which provides solution in a hassle-free manner.
Procedure to View Thunderbird Mailbox Files Using Free MBOX Viewer Software:
Follow these simple steps to view emails, mailbox files of your Mozilla Thunderbird, given below-
1. Free Download and Launch MBOX Viewer Software in your system
2. Click on the “Add File” option & select the MBOX File folder from the system, then click “Open”
3. Software shows preview of emails in “Multiple Preview Modes”
4. Now This tool provides the Preview Emails with Attachments.
Features of the FreeViewer Software to Explore MBOX Files:
- Allow users to browse MBOX files along with attachments.
- Provide different preview modes: HTML View, Hex View, RTF View, etc.
- Email client configuration is not required to open and read MBOX files.
- It supports several files MBOX/MBX/MBS of Thunderbird, Opera Mail, Entourage, etc.
- Provide option to Auto-Fetch Mbox File from the local system.
- Different email client files MBX & MBS also previewed.
- Allows to add multiple MBOX File folder by Folder Mode.
- Provide In-Dept Analysis for Forensic Purposes.
- Display summary report of MBOX files including Item Count.
- Supports Windows OS 10, 8.1, 8, and below versions.
Users can Upgrade to MBOX Viewer Pro Version for Advance Search and Export / Save feature of the tool.
View MBOX File in Thunderbird using ImportExportTools
In order to import MBOX files in Mozilla Thunderbird, Firstly, it is required to install the “ImportExportTools” add-on
1. Now, Open Thunderbird, then navigate to Tools > ImportExportTools > Import mbox file
2. In the displayed dialogue box, by default, it is set to option “Import directly one or more mbox files” Users can change the option and select as per the requirement, then click OK
3. Now select the MBOX file which you want to open in Thunderbird, from the folder panel & click on “Open”.
After following these steps, your file will be imported and viewed in Mozilla Thunderbird:
Drawbacks of Manual Approach
This manual process is easy to perform but having some data lost risk issues. Sometimes, due to network failure or interrupted process, it becomes risky & leads to data loss or corruption. It also not allows importing MBOX files in batches. This method is vulnerable to corruption and always a risk of data loss.
In this write-up, I discussed different free solution to view Thunderbird Mailbox files. In the end, I conclude that in order to avoid the risk of data loss, it’s better and secure to use third party solutions open and read MBOX files of Thunderbird. So, I personally recommend you to use Free MBOX Viewer Software to deal with your vital data carefully.