As we all know that Microsoft Outlook 2007 is not designed to compatible with Office 365. The main reason behind the declaration is that the only support for Outlook 2007 is up to in ‘extended phase’, which means that Microsoft will provide support just for security but does not include some bug fixes. However, to connect Outlook 2007 with Office365, make sure to use Autodiscover service to execute the settings automatically in Exchange Server. However, if in any situation Autodiscover is not working properly, then, go through the manual process to configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365. In the following segment, we will discuss the systematic way to How to Use Outlook 2007 with MS Office 365 account.
How to Configure Microsoft Outlook 2007 with Office 365 Manually
Following are the instructions mentioned below that can help the users to configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365 suite. Before to begin the process, it is necessary to set up Outlook 2007 mail program and then, go through these steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Determine Email Server Name and proxy servers by following these steps:
- First, you must Sign-in with Office 365 account
- Now, to open the Outlook Web App by choosing Outlook
- Then, Click Help followed by About icon
- After this, locate and mark the mailbox server name & host name on About page.
Step 2: Next, to determine mailbox server and host name, go through below points:
- Click on Start icon, select the Control Panel and go to the Mail option
- Now, select the Show Profile and type the desired name for the profile then, click the Add
- Declaring the profile name and then, click the OK button
- Now selecting the Manually configure server settings or additional server check box and then, choose the Next option
- Choose the Microsoft Exchange followed by Next
- In the server box, enter the mailbox server name
- Make sure that you must choose Use Cached Exchange Mode option
- Type the email address in the field of User Name and click the More Settings
- Choose the Connection tab
- Keep in mind that the Connect to MS Exchange using HTTP requests check box is chosen and then, press the Exchange Proxy Settings
- Under the Use this URL to connect, enter the proxy server URL, which has already obtained in the previous steps
- Make sure you can select the only connect to the proxy servers and after that, entering the URL msstd: outlook.com.
- After that, now choose the check box On fast networks and then, select the On slow networks check box
- Now, selecting the Basic Authentication from Proxy authentication settings
- Click the OK button twice
- Click the Check Names icon after the server name & user name appear with an underline, Press on the Next button
- Click the Finish button
With such above-mentioned steps, users can easily configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365 without taking any help from an alternate solution. Hence, according to this, users can use the email client, Outlook 2007 for making the configuration successful with the minimum system requirements.
If users are planning to use Office 365 Exchange account within Outlook 2007, then, make sure that MS Outlook 2007 has updated. Additionally, keeping in mind that Autodiscovery service has been executed in Exchange. Apart from that, we have already discussed a stepwise manual procedure to configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365 account.