How to Combine Password Protected Outlook PST Files?
MS Outlook is a widely used email client application by both business and personal use. Users upgrading from older Outlook version to a newer version to get more features. As a result, they have multiple Outlook data files. Opening multiple Outlook PST files is a very complex process. Therefore, a large number of users want to combine password protected Outlook PST files into a single file because the single file is easy to handle. To solve this query here is the complete guide. This blog describes how users can merge or consolidate PST files in Outlook without losing data. Before going to start the process, know about the Outlook PST file.
Microsoft Outlook PST File
PST stands for Personal Storage Table developed by Outlook. MS Outlook exports data like emails, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, and much more into the .pst format. Outlook also supports the PST file to import any data. There are two types of PST file, ANSI PST and UNICODE PST. In Outlook 2002, 2000, 1998, 1997, and other below versions, the PST file follows the ANSI standard with 2 GB size limitations. In Outlook 2007 and 2003, the PST file follows the UNICODE standard with a maximum size of 20 GB. And for all the other versions such as Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010, the recommended limit has been set to 50 GB.
Reasons to Combine Password Protected Outlook PST Files
There are many reasons to combine multiple PST Files into one as it depends on the needs of the users. Some of the common reasons are-
- To merge ANSI PST file to UNICODE PST.
- Combine multiple Outlook accounts into one.
- To upgrade from older Outlook version to newer.
- Access and handle several PST files at one place.
- To avoid sharing of PST files one by one.
These are the reasons for merging PST files. A single file can be easy to open and easy to share.
Manual Approach to Merge Multiple PST Files
The manual process to combine password protected Outlook PST files has two parts, create a new PST file and import all Outlook data items into New PST file.
Step 1. Create a New Blank PST
- Open Outlook, click on New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Select the location where you want to save new PST file and give it a name
- In the end, click OK.
Step 2. Import All PST Files into Newly Created PST
- Open Outlook, Go to File >> Open >> Import
- Select “Import from another program or file” option and click next
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” as file types to import from
- Click on Browse and select the file to import
- Check the “Do not import Duplicates” option and click Next
- Select the folder which you want to import
- Check the Include subfolders and Import Items into the same folder in option
- Click on the Finish button to combine PST files in Outlook
Limitations of Manual Approach
This manual approach to import PST files will import the PST file to the folder you selected. If you want to import other PST files, then you need to repeat the same steps for each one. The manual method is also very time taking and confusing, you must follow all the steps correctly to merge Outlook data files. There is no guarantee of data safety while merging Outlook PST files into single one. Therefore, it is better to use a professional solution to avoid all these problems.
Expert Solution to Combine Password Protected Outlook PST Files
The Outlook PST Merge Tool is a reliable, simple, efficient and quick solution to merge Outlook data files. This software is able to combine Outlook PST files protected by a password without corrupting or losing data. It supports to merge PST files Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and all below versions. The tool supports to combine unlimited PST files into one without displaying any size limitation message.
Step-by-Step Process to merge several PST Files into a Single File
- Download and install the application on the system
- Click on Add Files or Add Folder option to load PST files in the software panel
- Choose an option:- Join PST, Merge PST or Merge Contacts
- In the advance option, choose Split PST File size, Remove duplicates and Exclude Deleted Items as per your need
- Browse to select the location to save merged Outlook PST file
- Finally, click on the Merge PST Files button to begin the process.
That’s how you can directly combine password protected Outlook PST files in just a few simple steps.
The Final Words
The outlook is the first choice of almost all users. To get more features and benefits, users upgrade from an older version of Outlook to a new version. By doing this, users have a large number of PST files that are difficult to open and close. Merging Outlook PST files into single one is the best idea to easily manage and handle data at one place. Therefore, in this blog, we mentioned the manual and the professional solution to combine password protected Outlook PST files. To protect the data securely, it is recommended to use a third-party tool such as Outlook PST Combiner software. This application is able to combine PST files protected by a password with complete accuracy.